The FBI has released chilling footage and a handful of equally creepy photos from the Washington Navy Yard shooting that took place earlier this month. Among the images released are close-ups of shooter Aaron Alexis’ shotgun with messages like “End to the torment!” scrawled into the receiver.
Authorities have also finally been able to piece together a timeline of the day’s horrific events.
Alexis entered the Navy Yard prepared to die and believing that he was being controlled by low-frequency electromagnetic waves. He shot and killed 12 people during the attack, though the FBI doesn’t believe he was targeting anyone specific. Additionally, they don’t believe that he even knew any of his victims.
Here’s the official FBI timeline of the attack, via The Huffington Post:
- 7:53 am – Alexis’ rental car, a blue Toyota Prius with New York plates, entered Parking Garage #28 at the Washington Navy Yard, located directly across from Building #197.
- 8:08 am- Alexis exited Parking Garage #28 on foot carrying a backpack. Alexis entered Building #197 and proceeded to the elevator.
- 8:09 am – Alexis exited the elevator on the fourth floor and entered the men’s bathroom carrying a backpack and a clipboard.
- 8:15 am – Alexis crossed the hallway into the 4 West area of Building #197 with shotgun, but without the backpack or a clipboard.
- 8:16 am – Alexis shot the first victim in the 4 West area of Building #197.
- 8:17 am – First 911 call is received from the fourth floor of Building #197.
- 8:20 am – Alexis left the fourth floor using the stairs and entered the third floor.
- 8:28 am – Alexis appeared on the first floor.
- 8:57 am – Alexis returned to the third floor.
- 9:25 am – Law enforcement shot and killed Alexis on the third floor.
You can check out a gallery of images released by the FBI below, and the CCTV video of Aaron Alexis inside the Navy Yard office building below that. The video may disturb, but it’s not violent and SFW.