Sherin Mathews: Mystery Of 3-Year-Old Girl Punished By Her Father For Not Drinking Milk At 3 AM Deepens

Sherin Mathews, the 3-year-old girl who disappeared after her father reportedly made her stand under a tree outside his house as a form of punishment for not drinking her milk, is still untraceable six days after she first went missing, according to the Richardson Police Department.

And while the police have been working hard at trying to place the whereabouts of the little girl, the mystery surrounding Sherin’s case continues to deepen by the day. The sheer facts of the case, coupled with the incidents described by her father, Wesley Mathews, just before the girl’s disappearance are dubious to say the least, an assumption not lost on the Richardson Police Department, who arrested Wesley last week on charges of child endangerment only to see him walk free the next day on a bond of $250,000.

First, there is the discrepancy in the narrative before Sherin’s disappearance. According to Wesley Mathews, he was trying to get Sherin to drink her milk a little before 3 a.m. in the morning, but the little girl was not interested. Wanting to punish the girl, her father took her about 100 feet away from the house and made her stand under a tree in the dark.

When the father returned to fetch his child, after a period of about 15 minutes, he did not find Sherin there. Then, according to his statements to the police, Wesley did not wake up his wife and instead did a load of laundry well into the morning. When Sherin still did not turn up, according to the father, he decided to involve the police fearing the safety of his child.

However, this description, as strange as it might sound, is definitely possible, according to the police. But what the police fail to understand, according to the statement given by Richardson Police Sergeant Kevin Perlich to KXAS (via the International Business Times), is why Wesley or even Sherin’s mother waited until after 8 a.m. to inform the police about her disappearance.

“Why was the last sighting at 3 o’clock and the parents not call us until after 8 a.m. That’s the question we want answered as well. As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that’s the questions we have for the parents.”

When the police failed to trace Sherin, the Richardson Police Department issued an Amber Alert over the weekend, but after no major breakthroughs appeared, they canceled it a couple of days later. As of now, reports claim, the FBI has processed the house for leads but are keeping their findings outside the public domain.

However, an interesting development which might help the police get more leads took place late Thursday night. Without revealing just how the police got the information, Sergeant Kevin Perlich revealed that the police know that one of Wesley Mathew’s cars, a 2013 Maroon Acura MDX SUV, was missing from the house for an hour on the night of Sherin’s disappearance, according to the New York Daily News.

“We are wanting people and businesses within a 30 minute drive from their home to check their video systems to see if they may have picked up a 2013 Maroon Acura MDX SUV on their system. We know the SUV was missing from the home.”

Six days after Sherin Mathew’s disappearance, there is still no lead as to what might have befallen the little girl who was adopted from India and has developmental issues and limited verbal communication skills. But community members in Richardson, Texas, are in no mood to give up, as they have all come together to trace the whereabouts of the little girl.

“I saw her on the news and learned about yesterday that she was left outside and wanted to come out and see if I could help,” Casey Urqhart, a resident of the area who is assisting the other community members and the police with the investigation, told a local television station. “It’s a little girl, you know. It should matter to everyone.”

[Featured Image by Richardson Police Department]