Note: The following contains spoilers for WWE NXT, airing on May 25, and WWE SmackDown, airing on May 26.
With WWE Money in the Bank as the primary focus of the WWE Universe, this week's episode of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown adds another contestant this year's epic ladder match, while Seth Rollins shows up to rile the WWE Universe against him for his match with Roman Reigns. Meanwhile, the Intercontinental and United States Championships are up for grabs, while the WWE Women's Champion makes her presence felt in Natalya's match with Dana Brooke.
HE'S BACK!!! @wwerollins returns to #RAW and is ready to RECLAIM the title he NEVER LOST! https://t.co/omNkkypzpROn WWE NXT, they continue to build towards NXT TakeOver: Revenge, now just two weeks away. With a main event headlined by NXT Champion Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor in a Steel Cage Match, Regal makes some announcements about the NXT Women's Championship and a match between Austin Aries and Shinsuke Nakamura.
— WWE (@WWE) May 24, 2016
WWE SmackDown SpoilersThis episode was taped in Norfolk, Virginia, on May 24.
- In-ring segment: Michael Cole starts the show, talking about the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. He interviews Dean Ambrose, who is interrupted by Kevin Owens, who is interrupted by Sami Zayn, who is interrupted by Alberto Del Rio. Ambrose, Owens and Zayn brawl in the ring while ADR remained at the top of the ramp.
- Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Alberto Del Rio made Zack Ryder tap out to the cross armbreaker.
- In-ring segment: Enzo Amore and Big Cass cut a promo. The Dudley Boyz interrupted them before backing down from a match.
- Backstage segment: Rusev and Lana are interviewed about the upcoming match, saying Kalisto has no chance.
- WWE United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) made Kalisto tap out to the Accolade to retain the title. Post-match, Titus O'Neal came to the ring to make the save, as Rusev continued to beat on Kalisto. Titus challenged Rusev, but Rusev declined.
- Dana Brooke vs. Natalya ended when Charlotte got involved. Dana and Charlotte sufficiently double-teamed Natalya before exiting the ring. The match will either be ruled a "no contest" or win by disqualification for Natalya.
- Backstage segment: AJ Styles says he doesn't know what's next for him in WWE after what happened on Monday Night RAW.
- Video package: The development of Golden Truth.
- Tyler Breeze and Fandango defeated Golden Truth by pinfall.
- In-ring segment: Seth Rollins cuts a short heel promo against the WWE Universe.
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz (c) pinned Cesaro after the Skull-Crushing Finale to retain the title.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE News -- 'NXT TakeOver: Dallas' (The Live Experience & Results)
- Who are 'The Bullet Club' And Why Do They Matter?
- WWE News: Florida Citrus Bowl Is Likely Candidate For WrestleMania 33
- WWE: 'Total Divas' Recap — Nikki Bella Rehabs Injury With John Cena [News]
- Is John Cena Taking A Break From WWE To Be On 'Celebrity Apprentice'? [WWE News]
WWE NXT spoilersThe only thing confirmed by WWE.com's preview of tonight's NXT is that Austin Aries still has something to prove. Last week's episode provided no previews for this week's, as the episode hadn't been taped yet. With NXT TakeOver: Revenge set for two weeks from now, NXT taped this week's and next's episode in one night. We know the full card and results for this week's episode, despite what little information WWE puts out on their site. NOTE: WWE doesn't always post a full list of matches for upcoming episodes of WWE NXT, and that is true for this week's episode, as well. According to multiple sources, the following matches and segments were taped for tonight's episode of WWE NXT at Full Sail University on May 19.
- In-ring segment: William Regal announces to the NXT Universe that Bayley hasn't been medically cleared to compete at NXT TakeOver: Revenge, so her rematch for the NXT Women's Championship will have to come at a later time. Instead, Carmella, Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax will have a Triple Threat Match to determine the No. 1 Contender.
- Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Shane Thorne and Nick Miller (TM-61).
- In-ring segment: Austin Aries cuts an in-ring promo about wanting to be the NXT Champion. He is interrupted by Shinsuke Nakamura who wants the same. William Regal announces Austin Aries vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for TakeOver: Revenge.
- No Way Jose defeated Johnny Vandal.
- NXT Women's Championship No. 1 Contenders Triple Threat Match: Nia Jax defeated Alexa Bliss and Carmella. She will face Asuka at Revenge.
Where To WatchWWE Money in the Bank 2016 will air live on the WWE Network on Sunday, June 19 at 8/7c. The WWE Money in the Bank Kick-Off Show begins at 7/6c.
The WWE Network airs new episodes of WWE NXT on Wednesdays at 8/7c. It is available for streaming on-demand immediately. Additionally, on Thursdays, replays of WWE NXT are available to stream on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription.
USA airs WWE SmackDown at 8/7c. While they are not made available on the WWE Network for several weeks after they air on USA, replays of WWE SmackDown are made available on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription starting Friday.
[Image via WWE]