In case you’ve been living under a rock for the last few days, Donald Trump was elected the next president of the United States on Tuesday night and it hasn’t sat well with some Americans. On Wednesday night, people in multiple major cities hit the streets to protest Trump’s victory which has really done nothing but divide our country even further.
— Huffington Post (@HuffingtonPost) November 10, 2016
No matter which side of the fence you are on, Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election fair and square. He’s going to be the 45th president of the United States and protesting his victory accomplishes nothing. The past is the past, and the results can’t be changed. It’s time to look towards the future and make the best of it.
Back in October, Trump released his plan for his first 100 days in office, and his goals couldn’t be any more ambitious, according to NPR.org.
Measures To Clean Up Collusion In Washington
- Propose Constitutional Amendment on term limits for every member of Congress.
- Implement a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
- Require that for every new federal regulation created, two current regulations must be eliminated.
- Place a five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after leaving government service.
- Lifetime ban on government officials lobbying for a foreign government
- Ban foreign lobbyists from fundraising for American Elections
— NPR (@NPR) November 9, 2016
Seven Actions To Protect American Workers
- Will announce intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- Will announce or withdraw from TPP
- Will direct Secretary of Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
- Will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
- Will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal
- Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
- Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
— CNN (@CNN) November 10, 2016
Five Actions To Restore Security And Constitutional State Of Law
- Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum, and order issued by President Obama
- Begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
- Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
- Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting
Here is Donald Trump’s plan for his first 100 days https://t.co/yocu7kaLgG
— Vox (@voxdotcom) November 10, 2016
If all of that isn’t enough, Donald Trump has 10 more measures that he plans to work with Congress on to ensure that they get passed within his first 100 days in office.
- Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
There’s absolutely zero chance of Donald Trump getting every single one of these items accomplished within his first 100 days. That being said, he does deserve some credit for having a plan laid out and attempting to undertake such a large commitment to the American people. Now we just have to wait and see how dedicated Donald Trump is to actually accomplishing the goals he lays out.
[Featured Image via Mark Wilson/Getty Images]