The rumored upcoming release of the iPhone 6 has also prompted a look into the future to compare the Apple iPhone 6s with the iPhone 7. Experts weigh in on whether or not the upgrade is going to be as impressive as the jump from the iPhone 5s to the iPhone 6.
A Look at the iPhone 6s
The Apple iPhone 6s, which is rumored to debut in September, is expected to have a variety of improved features from the 6 and 6 Plus, including as follows.
- Excellent camera: Front — 1.8MP, Rear — 12MP, 4K video recording
- Traditional storage of 16, 64, and 128GB
- The same sleek design as its predecessors
- 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch Force Touch display with a max resolution of 1920 x 1080
- A9 processor with 2GB RAM
These are some exciting improvements from the previous model, particularly in imaging and processing power. Users are also hoping for an improved screen resolution, with a brand new Force Touch display. It’s supposed to be an impressive overhaul on an already great device.
Likely Specs of the iPhone 7
Experts are speculating on the iPhone 7 based on several major improvements they’ve seen made to this line of devices in the past. Though there’s no evidence to confirm this speculation, experts are hoping for even more improvements, including the following.
- An even better camera: Front — 5MP with a wider angle lens, Rear — the same as the 6s at 12MP, 4K video recording
- Increased minimal storage with 32, 64, and 128GB options
- A more contemporary design with a thinner body
- A similar size display including Force Touch, but with an improved QHD display at a res of 2560 x 1440
- Improved A10 processor and 3GB of RAM
As you can see, the anticipated updates from the iPhone 6s to the 7 seem to be more external than internal. That’s because Apple tends to wait to upgrade the internal elements until the “S” version of the phone comes out. When we see the iPhone 7s, we can likely expect even greater internal updates that will have to keep up with Android’s promise of delivering a 4GB RAM minimum in all of their phones.
An Early Comparison
This comparison may seem a little early, since we saw the release of the iPhone 6 just under a year ago, but Apple is already hard at work on their new version, even though they haven’t released any concrete details of their plan as of yet.
We’re quickly getting used to all of the amazing things smartphone technology brings us. We have the ability to connect to the internet, stay in contact with people all over the world, and even control your entire home using smart home technologies.
These abilities are quickly magnified by some of the impressive specs of the latest smartphones, particularly the Apple models. Experts are already considering what the up and coming models are going to be able to do for technology as a whole.
All of this is simple speculation that Apple can hopefully match or even beat in their future models. For now, this look into the future shows the impressive Apple iPhone 6s vs the even more impressive iPhone 7, and all of the things that consumers have to look forward to in smartphone technology.
[Image via CNet]