Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Flew Toward U.S. Military Base, Was ‘Provocation,’ Researcher Says

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was flying toward a secret U.S. military base on a remote island in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and was intended as a “provocative action” toward the military base, independent researcher and self-described aviation technology expert Andre Milne has claimed in a dramatic letter to the international criminal investigative organization Interpol.

The Diego Garcia island military base, as the below CNN graphic shows, is located thousand of miles from any major land mass — and well north of the area where official investigators from the Malaysian and Australian governments are convinced that the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, which vanished without a trace on March 8 of last year, crashed into the water after running out of fuel.

The tiny, 17-square-mile island (pictured at the top of this page) has been used by the United States as a refueling stop for bombers headed to Iraq and Afghanistan during the two U.S. wars in those countries, as well as during the 1991 Gulf War.

Last December, Another independent expert, former French airline boss Marc Dugain, proposed his theory that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was actually shot down by American forces on Diego Garcia. The troops spotted the massive airliner flying directly at them and feared a 9/11-style suicide attack, Dugain stated.

While his theory was quickly dismissed, Milne now says that he, too, believes the plane was indeed about to engage in some sort of hostile activity with regard to the Diego Garcia base. Milne, however, stops short of claiming that American troops actually blew Flight MH370 out of the sky.

But he does say that the widely reported sighting of the plane by resident of the Maldives islands was intentional on the part of the plane’s pilot.

“Whoever was in control of the flight wanted MH370 to be observed by the inhabitants of the Maldive atolls, during daylight, as it was flying south towards Diego Garcia,” Milne wrote in his letter to Interpol.

In April, Milne sent a sharply worded letter to the Australian government, claiming that the Malaysia Airlines plane could not have reached the so-called “Seventh Arc” where searchers have been scouring the ocean floor since last September in search of the plane’s wreckage.

Instead, Mine says that the wreckage is located in the Bay of Bengal, and if he can raise about $2 million, he plans to stage his own search effort there.

While Milne says that if Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had actually crashed violently into the Indian Ocean at the Seventh Arc, at least some trace of wreckage would have turned up by now — but not a scrap has been found.

[Image: Wikimedia Commons]