Mom, Son & Woods: Arrest Warrant Issued For Mom Who Left Disabled Son In Woods

A mom who abandoned her son in the woods will be brought up on criminal charges. According to CBS Baltimore, police has issued an arrest warrant for 41-year-old Nyia Parler who allegedly left her 21-year-old disabled son near Cobbs Creek in Philadelphia. Parler supposedly dropped her son off with a blanket, a Bible, and his wheelchair, before heading to Maryland to meet up with her lover last week. The man was spotted in the woods by a passer-by who called police.

“Investigators believe the 21-year-old man–who’s non-verbal and paralyzed from the neck down was left in the woods by Parler five days ago when she hopped a bus to Maryland to visit a boyfriend.”

The mom who left her son in the woods didn’t seem to care about what would happen to him. When police arrived on the scene, the man was in pretty rough shape, suffering from malnutrition and dehydration after being outside for five days. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he is still being treated. His mother is now facing several charges including aggravated assault, reckless endangerment of another person, neglect of a care dependent person, kidnapping, and false imprisonment.

According to Yahoo! News, Lt. John Walker said that the mother and son were last seen together on Easter Sunday, but that he was dropped off in the woods a short time after (Parler hopped on a bus to head to Maryland on Monday).

“She pushes him about 150 yards from the highway into the wooded area, takes him out of wheelchair, lays him on the ground, puts a blanket over him and leaves a Bible with him, and then just walks away,” explained Walker of what police believe happened.

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, those who have heard the story are shocked.

The mom who left her son in the woods has not been located yet. While it was believed that she would return to pick up her son, she hasn’t been around. It is unknown if she is still in Maryland, or if she’s trying to avoid getting arrested, but many hope that she is found and charged soon.

As for her decision to leave the 21-year-old in the woods, that’s unclear. It seems strange that she wouldn’t just leave him at home, but she may have thought that he would be safer in the woods.

It is unknown where the young man will live or who’s care he will be under after he is released from the hospital.

[Photo by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images]