The nation’s peanut butter salmonella scare is now leading to a pet food recall. A dog food manufacturer is recalling seven products over fears of possible contamination from the same tainted peanut butter affecting dozens of human products.
Pet Food Recall: Dog Biscuits
The pet food recall is over PetSmart Grreat Choice Dog Biscuit products. Seven variations of the products are said to include peanut paste made by the Peanut Corp of America. PetSmart has pulled all the products from its shelves and is advising anyone who has the dog food to stop using it right away.
The dog food recall includes the following Grreat Choice Dog Biscuits, sold between August 21, 2008 and January 19, 2009:
• Small Assorted 32 oz., UPC 73725702900
• Small/Medium Assorted 4 lb., UPC 73725700601
• Small/Medium Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700605
• Small/Medium Assorted 10 lb., UPC 73725702755
• Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700638
• Extra Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700779
• Peanut Butter 4 lb., UPC 73725700766
If you have any of those items, you can return them to any PetSmart for a refund or exchange. You can also find more information here or by calling 1-888-839-9638.