Here's Why Donald Trump Has the Potential to Win the Electoral Race in Five States

Here's Why Donald Trump Has the Potential to Win the Electoral Race in Five States
Cover Image Source: Getty Images | Photo by Tom Pennington(L), Justin Sullivan(R)

As the political battleground gears up for the 2024 election, a recent Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll has ignited intrigue by revealing that former President Donald Trump holds a narrow lead over the current prez, Joe Biden, in seven prominent states. While Trump bagged the presidency in 2016, the 2020 election led to a change of leadership. However, the poll indicates that the political ball may swing back in Trump’s court. 

In states like Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and North Carolina, Trump is gaining the lead over Biden, making these complex swing states an essential focal point for the forthcoming election. Significantly, the polling differences across all seven states are within the margin of mistake, implying that the race is tightly competitive.

Also Read: Jill Biden Was "Shocked" to See Republicans Supporting Donald Trump Despite Indictments

Cover Image Source: Getty Images | Brandon Bell
Image Source: Getty Images | Brandon Bell


The former president lost to Biden in the last election and is now one step ahead of the current president in these regions, with different margins of 5 points in Georgia, 4 points in Arizona, and 4 points in North Carolina. As per Daily Mail, in the war zone of Pennsylvania, Trump gains a slight 1-point lead. Michigan emerges as the one and only state where the two candidates are running neck to neck, each facilitated with 44 percent of the vote, with 8 percent of the electorate remaining undecided. Given the crucial role Michigan has played in recent elections, this state's outcome could significantly influence the overall election.

Image Source: Getty Images | Photo by Mario Tama
Image Source: Getty Images | Photo by Mario Tama


According to The Hill, the poll highlights that the economy is a paramount concern for voters in these states. 75 percent of swing-state voters firmly believe the economy is going in the right direction. Trump’s tenure must have left a positive impact on a majority of voters, with 51 percent emphasizing that the economy was in better condition during his administration. Moreover, when questioned about who they believe more about the economy, 49 percent of voters chose Trump, parallelly to 35 percent for Biden. These numbers highlight the impact of economic performance on voter emotions and insinuate a potential advantage for Trump in this critical area.

Also Read: Donald Trump Calls ‘Crooked’ President Joe Biden a ‘Destroyer’ of American Democracy in Iowa Speech

Cover Image Source: Getty Images | James Devaney
Image Source: Getty Images | James Devaney


A significant aspect escalating Trump's lead in these states is the perception of "Bidenomics," a term used to explain Biden's economic perspective. On a critical note for the Biden administration, 49 percent of voters feel it is dangerous to the economy, while only 26 percent consider it worthy. Perhaps even more concerning for Biden's camp is the shift in voter preferences. 14 percent of voters who were inclined towards Biden in the 2020 election now express the desire to either vote for Trump, remain undecided, or refuse to vote. In contrast, 91 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2020 are inclined to stick with their choice, leaving only 9 percent open to switching to Biden or remaining undecided.

Also Read: When an Angry Jill Biden Said Kamala Harris Should ‘Go F–K Herself' for Debate Attack on Joe Biden

More from Inquisitr

Gavin Newsom Says He'd Rather Vote for Joe Biden at 100 Than Ron DeSantis At Any Age

Mike Pence Allegedly Considered Skipping Biden's Jan. 6 Certification: "Too Hurtful to My Friend [Trump]"

Share this article: Here's Why Donald Trump Has the Potential to Win the Electoral Race in Five States
More from Inquisitr