Philip Carter Train Death: Woman Accused Of Pushing 30-Year-Old In Front Of Moving Train

Charrissa Loren Brown-Wellington, 31, of Whitley Street, Chadderton, Oldham, cried uncontrollably when she was brought before a judge early Tuesday morning for criminal charges related to the murder of 30-year-old Philip Carter, the Manchester Evening News reports. On the evening of Sunday, June 11, emergency medical services were called to the Manchester Victoria station after receiving reports about a man being pushed from the platform.

When paramedics arrived at the scene, there was nothing they do to save Carter as he was reportedly dead before their arrival.

Employees at the Manchester Victoria station were shocked after learning that Carter had been pushed into the path of a moving train. It was reported that the death caused issues with the train, and services were suspended Sunday night, as well as Monday.

The circumstances of Carter’s train death and a motive are unknown, but police officials have arrested Brown-Wellington on murder charges. Her relationship with the victim was not immediately made clear, but it is believed that she allegedly pushed Carter in front of a moving train in the Manchester Victoria station.

Brown-Wellington made her first court appearance at the Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court clad in a red jumper and track sweat pants. She was seen crying as a judge read her charges out loud.

The suspects’ family were also present in the courtroom, and they seemed visibly distraught. Her father was seen sitting in the gallery, sobbing as he rocked back and forth.

The murder suspect made another court appearance at the Manchester Crown Court on Wednesday for a brief hearing. This time, her family was not only crying, but they were shouting, the Daily Mail reports. Relatives told Brown-Wellington that they loved her, and they would wait for her.

Before the hearing began, the suspect’s mother was seen speaking with her, and her father was heard telling Brown-Wellington that he would get her some fresh clothes.

During the suspect’s brief hearing, defense attorney Mark Ford told the court that Brown-Wellington would be entering a plea within the next five to seven days.

As of now, Brown-Wellington does not have a bond, and a trial is expected to begin October 30.

[Featured Image by Chris-Mueller/iStock]