Brad Pitt is reportedly ready to return to his career duties.
As his divorce and custody battle with Angelina Jolie continues to play out, the 52-year-old actor is said to be preparing for his red carpet comeback at the upcoming premiere for his new film with Marion Cotillard, Allied.
On November 8, People Magazine confirmed that Brad Pitt was expected to walk the red carpet at Wednesday night’s premiere, which would take place in the Westwood section of Los Angeles.
— People Magazine (@people) November 8, 2016
Around the same time, a source claimed Brad Pitt wouldn’t be doing much for the film due to the controversy surrounding his split from Jolie, who filed for divorce on September 19 after two years of marriage and six children together.
“This was supposed to be the start of a big campaign push for [Brad Pitt] to finally win an acting Oscar but there’s too much controversy for him to risk any publicity,” a source told The Sun, via a report by the Daily Mail on November 6. “It also doesn’t help that there were rumors he had an affair with his co-star Marion Cotillard, which both deny.”
“Loads of chat show studios are gutted as they had him booked to come on and dozens of journalists have had their interviews scrapped. They are also being briefed not to ask anybody else associated with the film about Brad’s personal life,” the source added.
As fans will recall, Brad Pitt and his Allied co-star, Marion Cotillard, faced rumors of an on-set romance for months leading up to the actor’s split from his wife and after the split, it was revealed that Cotillard was pregnant. However, amid rumors that the child could potentially belong to Pitt, Cotillard set the record straight on her Instagram page.
“This is going to be my first and only reaction to the whirlwind news that broke 24 hours ago and that I was swept up into,” Cotillard began in her September 21 post. “I am not used to commenting on things like this nor taking them seriously but as this situation is spiraling and affecting people I love, I have to speak up.”
“Firstly, many years ago, I met the man of my life, father of our son and of the baby we are expecting. He is my love, my best friend, the only one that I need. Secondly to those who have indicated that I am devastated, I am very well thank you. This crafted conversation isn’t distressing.”
— United Int’l Pics PH (@uipmoviesph) November 5, 2016
Cotillard’s post came just one day after a Page Six report claimed to have information regarding the actress’s on-set encounters with Brad Pitt. Although their affair has been denied by those involved, the outlet claimed Angelina Jolie had hired a private investigator to follow Pitt as he and Cotillard filmed Allied in London earlier this year.
According to the report, Jolie filed for divorce after learning Brad Pitt was cheating on her with Cotillard — and partying like a single guy on a mission throughout production. Continuing on, the source claimed Brad Pitt was reportedly surrounded off set by hard drugs and Russian hookers and was said to have gotten caught up in the toxic atmosphere.
The source added that Brad Pitt was in some sort of midlife crisis and that Jolie was “fed up” with his allegedly shocking behavior with Cotillard and others.
Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard’s new movie, Allied, hits theaters on November 23.
[Featured Image by Anthony Harvey/Getty Images]