October 23, 2016
Mystery UFO Part Confirmed: Processed Aluminum Artifact Sign Of Aliens Visiting Earth 250,000 Years Ago?

A mysterious find in Romania has revealed a piece of processed aluminum that UFO enthusiasts say is proof of an alien visitation that occurred about a quarter of a million years ago. Given that the ability to produce such an aluminum artifact is only about 200 years old, enthusiasts contend that aliens manufactured the piece. However, historians are not only skeptical, they believe the object is less than a century old.

The Sun reported this week that a metal object unearthed near Aiud, Romania, was tested by a lab in Lausanne, Switzerland, and was found to be made up of 90 percent aluminum. That in itself would not have been so shocking had the object not also been found to be 250,000 years old. The aluminum object and the alloy combination that makes up the the other 10 percent of its metal composition is being heralded by some as a sure sign that aliens have visited Earth in the distant past.

"Lab tests concluded it is an old UFO fragment given that the substances it comprises cannot be combined with technology available on Earth," Gheorghe Cohal, the Deputy Director of the Romanian Ufologists Association, told local media.

Although the lab findings are interesting enough, the discovery of the metal fragment is also an intriguing tale. Construction workers building along the Mures River unearthed the object along with two large bones, all buried some 10 meters down into the earth.

The bones were found to be from a rather large extinct mammal that died sometime between 10,000 and 80,000 years ago. The third object, however, was soon found to not be bone at all. It was made of a lightweight metal.

UFO enthusiasts are excited about the find, certain that finally proof has been found of alien technology, perhaps even a part of a once-operational UFO.

Alien spaceship approaching Earth
It is believed that a metal fragment found in Romania is an artifact from a UFO that is 250,000 years old. [Image by jon666/Thinkstock/Getty Images]

But not everyone is convinced of the aluminum object's alien manufacture. A local historian, Mihai Wittenberger, has claimed that the artifact is actually a metal piece from a World War II-era German aircraft. And although he is sure of what it is, he cannot explain the determined age of the object.

The object is currently on display at the History Museum of Cluj-Napoca in Romania, serving as a source of heated debate about what it might actually be. It has not helped that museum officials have insisted on placing a sign with the display that reads: "origin still unknown."

Although it is possible that the Swiss lab's findings that the object is a piece of ancient metal could be inaccurate, it should be pointed out that a recent study has suggested that human civilization may be late to the galactic scene. In fact, as the Inquisitr reported, there may have been as many as 10 billion alien civilizations that have already emerged and disappeared. And if there are some civilizations still extant, the universe being so vast could explain the lack of evidence of aliens (a variation of what is known as the Fermi Paradox -- if aliens exist, where are they? -- in scientific circles).

Concept of an alien civilization
One reason that humans might seem alone in the universe is that, as one study suggests, alien civilizations may have killed themselves off after reaching a certain level of technology. [Image by Juanmrgt/Thinkstock/Getty Images]

Another reason there might not be so many aliens making their presence known could be that there are no aliens to see. As Professor Brian Cox recently noted (also reported on by the Inquisitr), even though there is an abundance of evidence to suggest that alien life exists throughout the universe, the Fermi Paradox holds sway because all of the alien civilizations have killed themselves off -- an idea known as the Great Filter. (If the aluminum artifact is actually of alien origin, it could very well fit into this category, belonging to an advanced alien civilization that has, after arriving and investigating Earth, met its own demise in the intervening tens of thousands of years.)

And yet, closer examination of the metal fragment, perhaps even going so far as to have it date-tested by a second laboratory, might make the alien speculation moot. Because the object might be less than 80 years old, and instead of being a piece of an ancient alien UFO, could very well simply be a piece of an old World War II German airplane.

[Featured Image by aaronrutten/Thinkstock/Getty Images]