Azealia Banks is attempting to end feuds and burn bridges with everyone who crosses her path. She has written an apology letter to Zayn Malik who she got into a Twitter feud with five months ago. This comes after she claimed she was attacked by actor Russell Crowe at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Saturday, October 15.
Banks, 25, told the former 1D member that she’s sorry for her homophobic and racist remarks she made against the 23-year-old singer back in May. Us Weekly somehow got a hold of Banks’ letter, which they published on the outlet.
“There are no words that can fully express how sorry I am. Recent events have taught me the importance of taking accountability for ones actions,” the letter reads. “I want and need to say I am sorry, I was wrong. I reached out on Twitter, to congratulate you on leaving One Direction and finding your own path. Many artists sell their souls to this business and sacrifice their happiness for a career; walking away took bravery, strength, formidable principles and a powerful sense of self-worth. I applaud you for this.”
After congratulating Malik from his surprising exit from 1D, she told the “Pillowtalk” singer that since she has experienced discrimination “as a black woman,” she shouldn’t have lashed out at him in the same way.
“At times, I am so consumed by my own struggle, and the struggle of my race, that I forget to consider the hardships other minorities continue to endure,” Banks explained. “Coming from an ethnicity that is largely discriminated against does not warrant a license to use derogatory, abusive terminology nor does it give me the right to make hurtful remarks. I apologize not only to you, Zayn, but to all those I hurt and offended. I am not cruel, nor am I heartless or vindictive. There is a lot of love in my heart and there is good in my soul. What I did was wrong and I am committed to being a better person.”
— Jasmine James (@jasminejames342) June 21, 2016
The “recent events” Banks referred to her at the beginning of her letter to Malik meant about her argument with Crowe, 52, this past weekend. Banks alleged that the actor kicked her out of his dinner party this past Saturday, spat on her, called her the N-word, and choked her after she allegedly made the joke that the Oscar winner and his friends “boring” and that their new horror film would “suck.”
Now, it looks like the rapper is not going to press charges after all. The only reason why Banks refuses to press charges is that she wants to move forward and avoid the media attention that this has spurred.
“Realistically, to be honest, I really don’t want to [press charges]. Because I don’t want this in the media,” the “ATM Jam” rapper previously told Us Weekly on Thursday, October 20, as cited by Page Six. “[Russell] feels that he did nothing wrong, so I’m just like, ‘OK, if you want to pay a bunch of litigators and a bunch of people to apologize to me, then I guess that’s what you want to do. You could apologize to me for free now and make this all go away.'”
— billboard (@billboard) October 21, 2016
However, according to a report via Billboard, Banks took to her Facebook page to let her followers know that she will be “moving forward” in pressing charges against Crowe. Later that night, she said she was getting ready to “roast him” for allegedly making rude comments about her music videos.
Earlier this week, Banks took to Instagram to tell her followers that she’s only focusing on the positive in her life. She also shared two clips of herself freestyling along to Jay Z’s “So Ghetto.”
This comes after sources insisted Crowe did not attack her or call her the N-word. Rapper RZA, who brought Banks along as his plus one to Crowe’s party, also spoke out about the incident on Facebook, saying that she was the one who was acting “erratic,” not Crowe. The artist, who has a wife and kids of his own, was deeply disturbed by her behavior.
[Featured Image by Cassandra Hannagan/Getty Images]