Deleted footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is being teased as the Blu-ray version of the movie is soon set to be released. Although scenes from a movie are usually deleted for a reason, they are usually interesting to watch because they give the fan an additional understanding of the story line. Although it took decades before the deleted scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy were released, fans won’t have to wait that long to see the latest scenes that weren’t included from the latest release.
Slash Films reported that to receive the deleted scenes for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans must first purchase the movie package and then redeem a coupon to download the digital content. All the scenes have been titled and include: “Finn and the Village,” “Jakku Message,” “X-Wings Prepare for Lightspeed,” “Kylo Searches the Falcon,” “Snow Speeder Chase,” and “Finn Will Be Fine.” A bonus scene is also included, titled “Tunnel Standoff.”
— Classic Star Wars (@ClassicStarWars) March 22, 2016
As previously reported in Inquisitr, critics of the new Star Wars movie said that it looked very similar to the original trilogy, and that it stole a lot from the original storyline. Although there were some similarities to the original movie that tied the new trilogy and the original trilogy together, the story itself stands on its own. Those who saw the original movie in theaters were impressed with the new episode. TechRadar rated it as a sequel worthy of the original.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after the end of The Return of the Jedi, the sixth episode in the series. It introduces new characters and a new villain, while bringing back fan favorites Princess, now General, Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker. Skywalker is missing, and The New Order, led by new villain Kylo Ren, is trying to locate him. Episode VIII, which premieres in December, 2017, picks up where The Force Awakens left off.
— Al Jazeera America (@ajam) March 22, 2016
One of the bigger cuts from the movie seems to be the clip where Kylo Ren visits the Millennium Falcon on Starkiller Base. The bonus cut, “Tunnel Standoff,” is a scene where Han Solo and company encounter First Order Storm Troopers for the first time.
IGN reported that a familiar character from the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Episode I of the Star Wars series, will appear in the animated series on television, Star Wars: Rebels. Darth Maul, the villain in Episode I, who was killed in the first movie, appears in the midseason return for the series.
“I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing.”
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, 2015. pic.twitter.com/111hPOQpyu
—. (@fairywiak) March 22, 2016
Although Darth Maul only appears in the shadows of the midseason trailer for Star Wars: Rebels, Entertainment Weekly confirmed that he will appear in the series. Maul was last seen in The Phantom Menace, when he was cut in half by Obi Wan Kenobi. During The Clone Wars animated series and The Dark Horse comic book, Maul was shown to be alive.
Entertainment Weekly offered a clip of the March 30 Season 2 finale of Star Wars: Rebels that shows Darth Maul encountering young Jedi hopeful Ezra Bridger. The two meet each other when exploring the Sith temple deep below the surface of a world known as Malchor. Since Star Wars: Rebels takes place later than The Clone Wars, Darth Maul is older and past his prime. Executive producer Dave Filoni said that this older Maul could lead to some interesting storylines for the show, as he acts as a foil for Ezra Bridger.
[Image via LucasFilm]