Cameron Diaz has been known for many years as a beautiful and talented actress. But, how she got her big break is just one of many amazing facts about the actress many people don’t know. Here are 10 incredible Cameron Diaz facts that might just shock you.
1. Heavy reports that in the movie Annie, she actually did the singing for her part, which was scary for her since she is afraid to sing in front of people.
“The two things I’m most terrified of are heights and singing in front of people. I just felt like this is something that needed to be addressed. I cried uncontrollably… but the only way to get through scary things is to have a sense of humor about it.”
2. Cameron Diaz is not interested in having children or being a mother.
“It’s so much more work to have children. To have lives besides your own that you are responsible for — I didn’t take that on. That did make things easier for me. A baby — that’s all day, every day for 18 years. Not having a baby might really make things easier, but that doesn’t make it an easy decision. I like protecting people, but I was never drawn to being a mother. I have it much easier than any of them. That’s just what it is. Doesn’t mean life isn’t sometimes hard. I’m just what I am. I work on what I am. Right now, I think, things are good for me. I’ve done a lot. And I don’t care anymore.”
3. Movie Pilot reports that Cameron Diaz did soft porn in the early days of her career.
— Dose of Me! (@Doseofme) October 6, 2015
4. Cameron Diaz practices transcendental meditation every day, a routine that helps keep her batteries charged.
“To have that tool now and to be able to go inside to the deepest part of myself and to access that and to recharge my battery internally, within myself, I feel so bada**. I really do. I think it’s so awesome. I feel so empowered that I actually possess that.”
— Craig Berg (@permanentpeace) September 9, 2015
5. BoomsBeat reports that Cameron Diaz went to high school with Snoop Dogg. He remembers that she hung out with his “homegirls” and was “hip” and “cool.” She remembers he was tall and skinny.
“He was very tall and skinny. He wore lots of ponytails and I’m pretty sure I bought weed from him.”
6. In the early 1990s, Cameron Diaz worked as a model for Elite Model Management and she appeared in a number of television advertisements, including for Coca-Cola.
7. When Cameron Diaz auditioned for The Mask, she had no acting experience. She had 12 callbacks and eventually got the part of Tina.
8. Diaz has ADD, which is why she’s says she cannot be a director.
“I have no interest in directing movies or producing movies. I like my role in making films. It’s the perfect amount of involvement for me. I have ADD. I would never be able to spend two years making a movie or even one year. I would just, I’d be someplace else within a few short moments.”
9. Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake were both in the movie Bad Teachers, working together after they broke up, which wasn’t a problem according to Diaz.
“[It] really wasn’t a big deal. Justin and I have always had a good laugh together, and to make a movie where we get to have a laugh together – there really was no one else who was more perfect for this part.”
10. Cameron Diaz is into extreme sports and has broken her nose four times!
— Danita Porter (@DanitaJPorter) June 4, 2015
[Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images]