‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Director J.J. Abrams Answers Fans’ Most Burning Question, Plus Jared Leto Wanted To Play Chewbacca?

Despite all of the news surrounding the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, director J.J. Abrams has managed to keep a lid on releasing too many spoilers. Although this has led to a great build up as fans eagerly wait for the movie’s premiere, it has left fans with a lot of questions concerning the plot of the highly anticipated movie. Luckily, Abrams recently answered some of those questions in a video interview released by Wired.

One aspect that was great about the video interview was all of the celebrities who recorded questions for Abrams. This included the likes of George Lucas, who asked the director “What happened to Darth Vader’s grandchildren?”

Abrams clearly enjoyed the question and answered by deflecting back to the Star Wars creator.

“Oh, George, this is great,” Abrams stated in response. “You tell me man, you made all this s**t up.”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Official Poster via Lucasfilm]
Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Official Poster via Lucasfilm]

While the interview did not reveal any huge spoilers, it was interesting to see how Abrams responded to the wide variety of questions that were thrown his way. For her part, Katie Couric (Yahoo News) asked the director where he was planning on being during the release of the new Star Wars movie.

In reply, Abrams stated, “I most likely will be asleep. I look forward to being done with the movie. So far that I can pass out.”

Although Abrams dodged Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom’s question regarding the mysterious smoke monster, he did answer Netflix’s Ted Sarandos’ question about Jar Jar Binks.

“We are developing a Netflix series called Binks and I,” Abrams stated after being asked if he was bringing back Jar Jar Binks in the coming film.

Meanwhile, Abrams remained allusive with the majority of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens plot related questions but did respond to a few hilarious questions. Notably, T.J. Miller (Silicone Valley) asked Abrams about all the reboots he has been involved in lately.

Daisy Ridley in Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Image via Lucasfilm]

“Really, Star Wars? You already rebooted Star Trek. What’s going on with the Cloverfield franchise?” Miller asked.

Abrams responded by saying, “T.J., you get one hit show and you just become an a*****e.”

At the same time, Jared Leto (Suicide Squad) asked Abrams why he was not cast for the part of Chewbacca.

“I’m a little offended. I think you know my reputation and ability to transform,” Leto told Abrams. “Not only can I grow hair but I can grow hair all over my body…”

In answer to Leto’s awkward and direct question, Abrams told him that casting was already finished before quickly moving on to the next question.

Admittedly, Abrams’ interview really doesn’t shed any more light on the upcoming film. However, that might not be a bad thing for many fans. In fact, according to Comic Book, most fans are completely satisfied with the full trailer and the preview that has been released so far and don’t want anything major leaked.

In fact, most diehard fans don’t want their movie experience spoiled, no matter how big the leak may be. Fortunately for them, Abrams and company have been great at keeping spoilers to a minimum in the lead up to the release. Given Abrams latest interview, this isn’t likely going to change anytime soon.

While this leaves many fans still wondering what will be included in the film, it also helps to add to the mystery of the movie. In turn, this extra hype should reap major benefits in the box office as the highly anticipated movie will likely close in on some records before the end.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is scheduled to be released in theaters everywhere on December 18, 2015.

Tell us! Have you already bought tickets to Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Let us know in the comments below.

[Photo By Mark Davis/Getty Images]