WWE News: Spoiler-Free Preview For ‘Thursday Night SmackDown’, Halloween Edition
Tonight’s episode of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown will have a special Halloween theme.
Based on the information readily available for WWE’s Thursday Night SmackDown at their own website, that’s all there is to know.
“As SmackDown celebrates Halloween, which Superstars will get a trick and which will get a treat? Catch the action Thursday at 8/7 C on Syfy.”
No indication of who is scheduled to compete, exactly how Halloween will be celebrated (Costumed wrestlers? A Boogeyman cameo?), or anything to expect at all.
It's #HalloWWEen on @WWE #SmackDown, this Thursday at 8/7c, only on @Syfy! pic.twitter.com/hDIaEODYES
— WWE (@WWE) October 27, 2015
Below, you will find a spoiler-free, match-by-match preview of what is in store for SmackDown tonight, October 29.
- Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens — With their biggest star leaving WWE television for a while (as Hollywood Life reports, it may be that John Cena is headed to The Apprentice), it looks as though Roman Reigns will be expected to step up to the plate. He’s put Bray Wyatt behind him, and now it’s time to focus on Seth Rollins and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. But tonight, he’ll face the WWE Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens. Will Kevin Owens leave the match if things aren’t going his way?
This week's Wrestling Wrap Up: Roman Reigns wins a shot at Seth Rollins https://t.co/fOolnl9bRl pic.twitter.com/WomBpvIA2N
— IGN (@IGN) October 29, 2015
- Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. King Barrett and Sheamus (Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match) — When the WWE puts their Survivor Series card together, it’s pretty normal for them to have one traditional “Survivor Series Rules” match featuring only tag teams. If the WWE is going to go that way this year, the seeds could be planted during this match. Alternatively, WWE could be using this match to help establish the No. 1 contenders for The New Day’s WWE Tag Team Championship.
- Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz (Trick-or-Treat Street Fight) — Long-time rivals Ziggler and Miz were both part of Tyler Breeze’s debut on the WWE’s main roster last week, when Breeze joined Summer Rae during the “MizTV” segment on SmackDown. Ziggler took a beating from Breeze, and he’ll be looking to take out some frustration on the former reality TV star tonight. Don’t be surprised if Summer Rae and “Prince Pretty” make an appearance, especially given the “Street Fight” (i.e., no disqualification) stipulation.
- Paige vs. Natalya — As the female side of the roster compete with each other to lead the “Divas Revolution,” Paige has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Natalya was one of those people. After attacking Charlotte and Becky on Raw, it would seem that Paige looks even more guilty regarding the recent attack on Natalya. As Natalya looks for revenge, will WWE Divas Champion Charlotte and her friend Becky make an appearance? What about Team B.A.D. and Team Bella?
- Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth — The new United States Champion shouldn’t expect much of a challenge from the likes of R-Truth, who struggles to remain relevant. Making a surprise comeback and signing a WWE contract (according to Cageside Seats, Alberto Del Rio’s contract is worth $1.45 million per year), it’s pretty likely he’ll be on a roll until at least Survivor Series.
- The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Eric Rowan and Braun Strowman) vs. Dean Ambrose, Cesaro and Ryback — If The Wyatt Family is going up against Undertaker, Kane and friends at Survivor Series, they are going to be booked as a very strong unit until then. Dean Ambrose is currently playing the Triple H to Roman’s Shawn Michaels. Ryback is coming off of a failed push. Cesaro has never received any favors from the booking team. The odds don’t look good for the makeshift team of faces.
WWE’s Thursday Night SmackDown airs tonight at 8:00 EST on on Syfy. This episode of SmackDown will also be available for on-demand streaming starting tomorrow morning via Hulu Plus.
[Image via WWE]