Sixteen contestants have already battled it out on The Voice last week and tomorrow night will begin a new round of battles. Here’s a sneak peek at tomorrow night’s episode of The Voice, which has Team Pharell’s Evan McKeel and Riley Biederer battling it out for a spot on his team. The two Voice contestants will be performing Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground.” The Voice Battle Rounds began last Monday night after all four coaches had picked 12 contestants each. Below is a recap of the winners of the Battle Rounds on Monday and Tuesday last week.
Monday Night October 12
- Adam – Jordan Smith beat Regina Love, “Like I Can”, Gwen Stefani stole Regina; James Dupre beat Dustin Monk, “Fortunate Son”
- Blake – Zach Seabraugh beat Tyler Dickerson, “I’m Gonna Be Somebody”; Barrett Baber beat Dustin Christenson, “Walking in Memphis”, Stefani and Levine both pushed their “Steal” buttons, Dustin chose Team Adam
- Gwen – Ellie Lawrence beat Tim Atlas, “Sweater Weather”, Pharell stole Tim
- Pharell – Mark Hood beat Celeste Betton, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
Tuesday Night October 13
- Team Adam – Keith Semple beat Manny Cabo, “Baba O’Reiley;
- Team Blake – Chris Crump beat Kristen Hughes, “When I Get Where I’m Going”
- Team Gwen – Kota Wade beat Alex Kandel, “Its My Life”; Jeffery Austin beat Noah Jackson, “I Can’t Feel My Face”
- Team Pharell – Madi Davis beat Sydney Rhame, “Riptide”; Sianha Im beat Ivonne Acero, “You Keep Me Hanging On”, Blake stole Ivonne
The first battle rounds on The Voice left each judge with 10 contestants. Tomorrow night, the battle still remains for six of the contestants on each team.
- Amanda Ayala
- duo Andi & Alex
- Cassandra Robertson
- Chance Pena
- Shelby Brown
- Viktor Kiraly
- Blaine Mitchell
- Blind Joe
- Cole Criske
- Emily Ann Roberts
- Morgan Frazier
- Nadjah Nicole
- Braiden Sunshine
- Chase Kerley
- Hannah Ashbrook
- Korin Bukowski
- Lyndsey Elm
- Summer Schappell
- Amy Vachal
- Daria Jazmin
- Darius Scott
- Evan McKeel
- duo Jabal & Amanda
- Riley Biederer
Team mentors this season for The Voice include John Fogerty (Team Adam), Brad Paisley (Team Blake), Selena Gomez (Team Gwen) and Missy Elliott (Team Pharrell). Season 9 has some of the best performers this year, and the coaches have their work cut out for them. Once the battle rounds are over then the contestants enter the knockout rounds and if they are eliminated, they go home, the judges can’t steal or save at that point. Once the knockout rounds are over, the live rounds begin where fans of The Voice contestants can vote for their favorites.
Be sure to watch The Voice tomorrow night so you can see who wins the new battles. Who do you think will the battle round between Evan and Riley tomorrow night? Do you think this season of The Voice is better than before? Do you think Gwen Stefani has a chance to become the first female judge to win The Voice? Please feel free to answer these questions and post your own questions in the comment section below.
Here is a treat for fans of the show; if you love The Voice, then why not build your own Voice team? You can download an app from the Voice website and play along with the show and even vote with the app. Then you can build your own Fantasy Voice Team and compete with your friends on Facebook.
[Lead Images of Evan McKeel and Riley Biederer Credit: NBC/The Voice]