WWE News: Daniel Bryan Reveals Why WWE Will Not Clear Him To Return

Former WWE World Heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan has not donned his maroon colored trunks and kickpads for a match since mid-April. Due to issues with his already troublesome neck and newly found concussion issues, his health became top priority, casting doubts he may ever return to the squared circle.

But the “YES!” man took part in a Q&A session at Wizard World in Chicago yesterday, addressing several rumors, including ones about his in-ring future with the WWE (via DailyWrestlingNews). In regards to the doctors, Bryan claimed that a “respectable doctor” has already cleared him to return to the ring.

However, WWE apparently does not share that respectable doctors view on Bryan. Bryan says that the WWE refuses to clear him because of his concussion issues. In recent years, the WWE has implemented strict protocol when it comes to clearing their wrestlers in returning from concussions. Therefore, it’s understandable if WWE is careful in clearing one of their most profitable assets.

But this is far from the first time we’ve heard about WWE’s reluctance to bring Bryan back as a wrestler. As previously reported by the Inquisitr, the WWE is reportedly not factoring a Bryan return in the immediate future, if at all.

Despite this seemingly never-ending obstacle course to be cleared by WWE, Bryan has publicly stated (via Wrestlezone) that he intends to wrestle again. In the same breath, he did tease that his return to the ring would happen, regardless if it was in a WWE ring.

“Yes, there is that chance [WWE may never clear me to wrestle]. But I told them, regardless of them, if they won’t clear me, we’re independent contractors, in theory, and I will wrestle again. I am cleared by the neurologist in Phoenix that I’ve been going to see. It’s not like he’s a quack doctor. He was the neurologist for the Super Bowl, who has no problems in clearing me with no limitations. But you have to understand that WWE is not only looking out for my best interest, but they have to look out for their company as well, and I understand all that, too.”

“There is nothing vindictive or anything. There’s just a lot of hurdles to go through at this point with getting cleared by WWE. I had a sit-down with Vince and Hunter about this and said, `Hey, this is my passion. I understand why you guys wouldn’t clear me, but we only get, as far as we know, one life. And you’re not going to let me do my passion.'”

To give fans an idea of how well Bryan is feeling, he said that he could main event SummerSlam this Sunday, if WWE let him. Obviously, that will not be happening but going based of his comments and him already being cleared, the chances of a Bryan return in the near future do appear more realistic than they did several months ago.

[Image via WWE]