The D23 Expo 2015 began on Friday out in Anaheim, California, and all things Disney are going absolutely insane. A lot of people are anxiously awaiting the “Parks & Resorts” presentation on Saturday, but the Animation Panel took place on Friday night and so much was revealed about Toy Story 4, Finding Dory, Moana, Gigantic, and more.
A panel that was scheduled to be two hours ended up going into three, but no one seemed to mind. There were a lot of special guests such as Ellen DeGeneres, John Lasseter, Ed O’Neill, Ty Burrell, and even The Rock himself — Dwayne Johnson.
Early in the day, there were a number of movie posters on display on the D23 Expo floor, and it was the first that anyone had seen for many films. One was Cars 3, another — which got everyone excited — was for The Incredibles 2, and another was for Toy Story 4.
— Jim (@jimmyb44140) August 15, 2015
There was no info revealed about Cars 3 or The Incredibles 2 during the animation panel, but there was some about Toy Story 4. It will not continue the story of the original trilogy, but it will be a love story between Woody and Bo Peep, who our hero has to go find.
Another movie that got a lot of info revealed about it was Finding Dory, which the crowd at the D23 Expo went insane for. A lot of information was revealed for the film, which will hit theaters on June 17, 2016.
- Dory’s mom Jenny is voiced by Diane Keaton
- Dory’s dad Charlie is voiced by Eugene Levy
- Bailey the Beluga whale is voiced by Ty Burrell – He believes he has a massive head injury and doesn’t realize how belugas actually look
- Albert Brooks is back as the voice of Marlon
- Hayden Rolence is the new Nemo because the original voice actor is now 21 years old
- Hank the Octopus is voiced by Ed O’Neill
- Destiny is a whale shark voiced by Kaitlin Olson – She thinks she is a pure whale
- In the film, Dory is on a school trip and pulled into an undertow which triggers some sort of flashback of memories from her past. Dory must try to “migrate” and she has a memory about the “jewel of Monterrey” which takes her on the quest to find her parents.
- Finding Dory takes place six months after the first film.
During the animation panel, Disney also announced a new film called Gigantic which is a Spain-set version of Jack and the Beanstalk. Jack climbs the huge plant and partners with an 11-year-old giant to battle the bad giants.
Tangled co-director Nathan Greco will helm the film while the geniuses behind the music of Frozen (Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez) will bring the music to life.
The Rock made a special appearance during the presentation of Disney’s Moana of which he will voice a character named Maui, a demigod. The voice of the title character, Moana, has not yet been revealed.
A new Pixar movie was revealed, which will be about Dia de los Muertos, and it will be called Coco.
— Dan Casey (@osteoferocious) August 15, 2015
The D23 Expo 2015 is just beginning and there is so much more info coming this weekend from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and more. Tomorrow is a big day, but Friday evening bringing info on Toy Story 4, Finding Dory, Moana, Gigantic, and more was already a lot to take in.
[Image via Disney]