In an almost unbelievable story from Surrey in the U.K., a now-51 year old man, who has suffered from a badly blocked nose for over 40 years, sneezed out a toy dart which he had unknowingly lodged in his nostril when he was a kid.
When Steve told his mother Pat, now 77, that he had sneezed out the decomposed sucker from the toy dart, she said she recalls that she took him to hospital all those years ago, as they suspected he had inhaled a dart.
As Steve explained to reporters, “I started a sneezing fit and it came out my left nostril. I thought, ‘What’s this? Where the hell has this come from?’ and pulled out this rubber sucker. I was completely blown away. When I spoke to my mum, she said, ‘Oh yes, we took you to hospital when you were seven because we thought you had inhaled one.’ “
In recalling what happened all those years ago, when Mrs. Easton and her husband, Quentin, took Steve to the hospital, she said, “He said he’d swallowed it and there was just one of these darts without a tip. I took him to the hospital and they spent a lot of time looking for it, but in the end they said perhaps it was a mistake. I knew it wasn’t and it’s always worried me — and now it’s suddenly shot out. We are all shocked.”
Steve was certainly relieved when one day in March he blew his nose and the dart tip fired out from his nose.
As he told reporters, “I mentioned it to my doctor and he was amazed like everybody else. But he said there had been no harm done — it’s just one of those things. It had been there in my nasal cavity for 44 years. I was completely unaware that it was in my nose for that long. I feel no different now. I wonder if there’s anything else up there.”
[Image credit: the Sun]