Fans who were expecting actress and comedian Kristen Wiig to show up on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon got a Game of Thrones treat instead — Daenerys Targaryen, mother of dragons. A few moments into the interview though and the audience were starting to think it wasn’t just Arya Stark who was feeling like a whole new character. Actually, Kristen Wiig did turn up, dressed as Daenerys, and it became apparent very quickly that Kristen has not watched a lot of Game of Thrones. When questioned by Jimmy Fallon, Kristen, answering as Daenerys Targaryen, revealed what she thought the Khalessi was all about.
- Firstly, Khaleesi is actually short for Karen
- She has a dragon named Carl, short for Carli-Khaleishia
- Daenerys Targaryen lives in the forest on top of a mountain in a dome she and her her dragons made out of dirt and sticks
- When Daenerys has some spare time she likes to play the mandolin, cast spells and do stand up comedy
- Daenerys Targaryen’s favorite food is meat
- Long skirts are the preferred fashion item of Daenerys and her favorite greeting is “Hi,” but the trick is to draw the word out for as long as possible
- When holidaying (as opposed to taking over kingdoms), Daenerys likes to head off to the West Elm of the Shore — even Kristen didn’t seem to know where that was
- When travelling overseas, it is better to travel by plane than dragon as the US doesn’t allow landing space for them
- While Daenerys Targaryen knows planes, she doesn’t know movies and has to be prompted by Jimmy Fallon, but once he mentions actors and spells, she understands exactly what he is talking about
- Game of Thrones is apparently just about rocks and swords
All joking aside though, Kristen Wiig was there to promote her latest movie, Welcome to Me. According to IMDb, the synopsis for Welcome to Me is as follows.
“When Alice Klieg wins the Mega-Millions lottery, she immediately quits her psychiatric meds and buys her own talk show.”
Welcome to Me is directed by Shira Piven from a screenplay by Eliot Laurence and will be coming to theaters on Friday. Apparently, Daenerys Targaryen will not be in the movie. It is rated R. The New York Times recently reviewed it and you can find out what they had to say about it by clicking here.
You can watch the full hilarious clip of Kristen Wiig being interviewed as Game of Thrones mother of dragons, Daenerys Targaryen, on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon below.
[Image credit: The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Still courtesy of The Independent]