The Queen's Wrath event for Destiny made one appearance after the game launch last year and then disappeared. A recent update to DestinyDB unearthed new bounties, however, that indicates that the special event may make a return with The House of Wolves expansion. There's also a hint that Iron Banner could see a little shakeup as well.
The first Queen's Wrath PVE event received mixed reviews from Destiny players when it was first released a couple of weeks after the game's launch. A mid-event patch was needed once Bungie realized how easy it was for players to rack up Ascendant Shards. The developer then announced the event was "going back into the oven for a while" at the end of October 2014.
The baking of Queen's Wrath was likely drawn out further as resources were split between updating Destiny and getting The Dark Below expansion ready for release. However, it appears that it could return with The House of Wolves based on these bounties discovered in DestinyDB by a sharp-eyed Redditor.
New Queen's Wrath Bounties
- Moluk, Wormwaker – Defeat Molik, Wormwaker in "The Seeding" mission in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Nycor, Reborn – Defeat Nycor, Reborn in "The Veil Lifted" mission in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Watchers of Crota – Defeat the Watchers of Crota in "The Wakening" mission on the Moon.
These new bounties plus the pre-existing Queen's Wrath bounties are all classified as "Reef" bounties. I can't recall if they were classified as such when the original event was released, but it lines up with the new Reef social space outed in a recent Destiny leak.
Those aren't the only new bounties discovered. There's also a new Vanguard bounty.
- Battle Scars – Earn 20000 Experience in story missions with the Epic modifier active.
- Salvaged Hope – Participate in the capture of 15 Salvage zones while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
It's good to see that Bungie hasn't forgotten the Queen's Wrath and there has been work done on it. Hopefully, it can help fill in some of the mid-game content where Destiny hits a lull between when players complete the campaign and when they can start participating in raids.
The House of Wolves is expected to bump up the starting levels for Heroic and Nightfall Strikes plus the Strike Playlist. Mid-game content will become more and more important as Destiny continues to expand.
[Images via Bungie]