Mel B Defends Husband: Spice Girl Says Stephen Belafonte ‘Would Never Lay A Hand’ On Her
Mel B has finally spoken out about rumors that her husband, Stephen Belafonte, abused her. According to Gossip Cop, the Spice Girl posted a message on Instagram, weeks after the rumors first circulated, to let her fans know that she was not involved in a domestic violence incident with her husband. While Mel remained quiet for a while, she wanted to be sure to let her fans know that she was okay, despite showing up to X FactorU.K. with several bruises.
“This is for my fans havin problems with my Twitter will be back soon! I’m very good was very polly but much better now and for the record my hubby never would lay a hand on me sorry took so long but any response fuels rumors #lovemyfamily #lovemyfans [sic].”
This all started on Dec. 11 when Mel B was forced to miss the beginning of the X Factor finale because she was ill and needed to be hospitalized. When Mel returned to the live show a couple of days later, she had bruises on her arms and one on her face. People immediately started gossiping, and rumors that Stephen Belafonte got physically violent with his wife began to circulate.
As previously reported by the Inquisitr, Belafonte took to social media to defend himself, and to say that he’d never harm his wife. Belafonte has also done a couple of interviews since the rumors started, and he has said that he loves his wife, and there is nothing he wouldn’t do for her.
“I just got off the phone with my wife. You know what, it’s not even about Mel, and it’s not even about me. There were some motives going on from other people on certain things. I had nothing to do with hurting my wife. I did not touch Mel. I didn’t hit her. I wasn’t cheating or anything. There was no girl involved. You think about where you’ve been and what you’ve been through. I love my wife. I care about my wife. I’d take a bullet for her. I’ve got to consistently grow a little bit. But I do want to get old with my wife and have grandchildren. And by the way, Mel’s never said anything. This is because there’s a witch-hunt and a feeding frenzy against me.”
The rumors didn’t quit, however, mainly because Mel B didn’t say anything to defend her husband… until now. While it’s unlikely that the domestic abuse rumors are just going to disappear, they might quietly go away now that Mel has spoken out.
[Photo courtesy of Mel B / Instagram]