Minecraft: PlayStation Edition owners in Europe can rejoice as Title Update 19 (TU19) has finally been released. Horses, redstone, witches and more have finally arrived to both PlayStation consoles and the PS Vita following the Xbox release earlier in the week. What’s going on with North America though?
Developer 4J Studios made the announcement that TU19 (technically patch 1.12) was released to the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita via Twitter. As mentioned previously, this is only in Europe for now though.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) December 20, 2014
The delay for North America is because Sony has different certification processes for each region. Clearly the European region was working on a Saturday to get the update out there.
No news yet on the update for PlayStation platforms in North America. We hope to have news early next week. — 4J Studios (@4JStudios) December 20, 2014
The good news is that we can at least take a peek at the Minecraft changelog for each of the three PlayStation consoles (PS Vita, PS4, and PS3). They are all identical and line-up with the Xbox TU19 release as well.
– Added new items
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
– Added new Mobs
- Wither Skeletons
– Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
– Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
– Added Beacon interface.
– Added Horse interface.
– Added Hopper interface.
– Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
– Added “Adventure Mode” – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
– Added lots of new sounds.
– Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
– Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
– Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
– New death messages.
– Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
– Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
– A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
– Dispensers can face in any direction.
– Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
– The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
– New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)
Sound off in the comments below on what you think of the new Minecraft update for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.
[Images via 4J Studios]