If you’re of the bunch that took issue with Uncharted 3‘s altered aiming system, you’ll undoubtedly be pleased to hear that Naughty Dog has begun rolling out patch 1.2, which adds in a new aiming system that is more in line with Uncharted 2.
The addition was made in response to Uncharted fans who felt that Uncharted 3‘s gunplay felt “off”. Rather than brush off the complaints and urge them to accept it as-is, Naughty Dog reached out to the community and actually offered the chance for a few fans to drop by their office and help them iron out a resolution to the problem.
With patch 1.02, players will be able to head in to the options menu and select an “Alternate Aim” setting, which should bring it more in line with the feel and responsiveness seen in Uncharted 2.
In addition to the new aim setting, Naughty Dog has added in quite a lot of fixes and adjustments in the patch. To see what’s what, check out the patch notes below, straight from Naughty Dog.
- Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)
- Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
- “Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)
- Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default
- Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
- Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
- Allow grenade throw while scoped
- Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
- Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
- Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
- Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint
- Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
- Fixed several cinema crashes
- Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
- Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
- Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
- Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
- Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats
- Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
- Added a Facebook Sign Out option
- Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
- Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
- Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
- Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
- Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
- Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
- Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking