Remember the infamous, viral subway fight previously reported on Inquisitr?
Well, apparently, there’s much more to the incident. According to ABC News, the two people involved in the physical altercation that took place on the F-Train in the Greenwich Village area of New York have been identified as 25-year-old Jorge Pena and Danay Howard, 21. However, the altercation, which reportedly took place around 4:20 a.m. on Saturday, November 8, led to the arrest of four people.
The Gothamist also reported details of the charges brought against each of the four suspects.
“According to the NYPD, Jorge Pena, 25, was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct. Kevin Gil, 21, was also charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct. Danay Howard, a 21-year-old female, was charged with felony assault and disorderly conduct, and Shanique Campbell, 20, was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct.”
Now he’s speaking out about the ordeal. He briefly recounted the series of events that led to the altercation. Pena was headed home after working a 12-hour shift as a part-time bouncer when Howard and two of her friends began taunting him on the subway.
He reportedly works various jobs to provide for his girlfriend and 20-month-old son. Pena said that Howard thought he and his friend were talking about her and the group of girls. The misunderstanding is what led to the altercation, reports the New York Daily News.
“I don’t talk to you. I don’t know you. Just leave me alone. I don’t know why you’re talking to me,” he said to Howard.
He also shared his opinion of violence and physical abuse.
“A man is never supposed to hit a girl,” Pena said. “She put me in a position that I had no choice. She tried to kill me. If see her I’m going to apologize to her because a man should never hit a girl.”
**Warning: This video contains graphic nature and obscene language.**
As a result of the altercation, he also had to have stitches cuts near his nose and ear. Needless to say, the arrest was a daunting experience for Pena, who reportedly never had any run-ins with the law.
“I have never been in trouble before. I’ve never slapped someone. I am quiet man… I respect women. That’s why I don’t do nothing when she pushed me but when she hit me I had to do something. I had no choice.”
Pena’s attorney, Joseph Indusi, of London Indusi LLP, also released a statement about the altercation on his behalf.
“She is ultimately the reason he was put in the situation. We’re currently investigating with an eye toward possible future civil litigation.”
On Monday, November 10, Pena’s case was dismissed in Manhattan Criminal Court. Now, he reportedly plans to sue the city of New York for wrongful arrest.
[Image via Bing]