If you were in the need of something to spice up all of that zombie slaying you’ve been doing in Dead Island, developer Techland issued a patch on consoles that should give you just that.
For starters, the patch, which should be available right now on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, bumps up the level cap up to 60, giving you even more options to make your character of choice that much better at chopping up the living impaired.
That’s not all you’ll be getting out of the patch, though. The patch introduces fixes for various quests and rewards, experience adjustments for quests and challenges, an improvement in the network stability and performance while in co-op, and a whole mot more still.
To see the full list of changes, see below.
– Level cap raised to 60
– New blueprints for weapon mods added
– Infected damage reduced
– Infected no longer interrupt player attacks
– A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented: quest XP rewards adjusted;
– XP rewards for challenges adjusted; in subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op
– Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%
– Character state from a save game can now be loaded when using the Start from Chapter option
– New balancing option added: enemy levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player
– Players respawn with more health
– Picklock skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated
– Improved rewards in weapon crates
– All weapon crates now contain rewards
– Kick ability balanced, now requires stamina
– Items can now be picked up instantly; this is reflected in adjusted animations
Fixes and interface improvements
– Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit.
– Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
– Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better, makes smarter choices of medkits
– Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
– Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
– Fix: map tracking after death
– Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
– Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
– Improved stability and network performance in co-op
– Quest and reward fixes implemented
Source: Official Dead Island website (via Joystiq)