Man Posts Hilarious Ad To Sell Cheating Ex-Wife’s Wedding Dress

Tom Pumford Unsplash

A man posted a hilarious ad in an effort to sell the wedding dress of his (now ex) wife who cheated on him. According to AOL News, the man from Sydney, Australia, decided to sell his ex’s dress on Gumtree, which is a site like Craigslist. After finding out that his wife cheated on him with one of his closest friends, the man’s life was turned upside down. Another friend of his came up with the idea to sell the dress to make some money and, of course, get a little revenge.

The ad read in part:

“Wedding Dress for Bride Seeking Eventual Infidelity – Due to be married soon? Not planning on staying faithful? Want to sleep with one of your soon-to-be husband’s closest friends? Then THIS is the wedding dress for you! It’s a one of a kind garment designed by Benedict Arnold, believed to be derived from the very cloth Judas wore… to betray the only son of God – Jesus Christ.”

The man who posted the ad was married for two years before his wife left him for his friend. The circumstances of his marriage are unclear, but he was clearly hurt by his wife who stepped out on him (with his friend, no less). A lot of people who get cheated on just have a good cry (which may or may not last a month or three) and eventually move on. However, this guy decided to have some fun at his ex’s expense. The ad certainly doesn’t fix anything, but it has gone viral and it is making people laugh, so that is a positive.

If you or someone you know is interested in purchasing the used wedding gown, you should know that it has “a proven track record of producing an adulterous, deceitful, double-crossing, and traitorous ‘soulmate.'” The idea that the dress was responsible for producing an adulterous wife is perhaps the most entertaining part of this whole story!

According to Metro, the ad has received over 60,000 visits since the man posted it. In the ad, the man admits that he’s not looking to make significant money off the sale of the dress and that he was open to offers. It is unknown if he has received any offers — but you can probably imagine just how many emails he has gotten.

Infidelity is one of the leading causes of divorce in the world. As previously reported by The Inquisitr, only 31 percent of marriages last after an affair. The other 69 percent can relate to this man’s ad on a personal level!