The Minecraft Title Update 14 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 has been submitted for final testing to Microsoft and Sony respectively meaning the update can drop anytime. The latest Minecraft Title Update 14 has been eagerly awaited by players on both consoles and is the first time both versions receive a title update at the same time with the PlayStation 3 version receiving its first title update since its launch in December.
Title update 14, or 1.04 as PlayStation 3 owners will see it, will see emerald as the new building material to enter the game along with cobblestone walls and various forms of nether quartz. Players will also be pleased to see healthy eating times such as poisonous potatoes and a carrot on a stick for those who want to chase after their food.
Players who might be eager to try Minecraft for the first time should note that the title update 14 will include an updated tutorial to showcase some of the new features and items.
4J studios has been handling the majority of the development and support for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Minecraft and the subsequent title updates for the game. The Minecraft title update 14 should pass through certification in 1 to 2 weeks. The complete log of changes, additions and fixes can be found below or you can view the list on the official forums.
Change log for Title Update 14 – March 20th 2014
Changes and Additions
– Added new items
· Emerald Ore
· Block of Emerald
· Ender Chest
· Tripwire Hook
· Enchanted Golden Apple
· Flower Pot
· Cobblestone Walls
· Mossy Cobblestone Walls
· Wither Painting
· Baked Potato
· Poisonous Potato
· Golden Carrot
· Carrot on a Stick
· Pumpkin Pie
· Night Vision Potion
· Invisibility Potion
· Nether Quartz
· Nether Quartz Ore
· Block of Quartz
· Quartz Slab
· Quartz Stair
· Chiseled Quartz Block
· Pillar Quartz Block
· Enchanted Book
– Added new recipes for Smooth Sandstone and Chiseled Sandstone.
– Added new Mobs – Zombie Villagers.
– Added new terrain generation features – Desert Temples, Desert Villages, and Jungle Temples.
– Added Trading with villagers.
– Added Anvil interface.
– Added sideways log placement.
– Changed placement of half blocks and other blocks on half blocks.
– Changed placement of upside down stairs and slabs.
– Wooden Buttons and Wooden Pressure Plates can be activated with Arrows.
– Can dye leather armor.
– Can dye wolf collars.
– Can control riding a pig with a Carrot on a Stick.
– Added different villager professions.
– Villagers spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
– Furnaces can use wooden tools as a fuel.
– Ice and Glass panes can be collected with silk touch enchanted tools.
– Nether mobs can spawn in the Overworld from Portals.
– Creepers and Spiders are aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
– Mobs in Creative mode become neutral again after a short period.
– Remove knockback when drowning.
– Doors being broken by zombies show damage.
– Ice melts in the Nether.
– Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
– Pistons take twice as long to update.
– Pig drops Saddle when killed (if has one).
– Sky color in The End changed.
– String can be placed (for Tripwires).
– Rain drips through leaves.
– Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
– TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
– Book recipe changed.
– Boats break Lily Pads, instead of Lily Pads breaking Boats.
– Pigs drop more Porkchops.
– Slimes spawn less in Superflat worlds.
– Creeper damage variable based on difficulty setting, more knockback.
– Fixed Endermen not opening their jaws.
– Added new Host Options for flying, invisibility and invulnerability for remote players.
– Added teleporting of players (using the player menu in-game).
– Furnace will return an empty bucket when fueled by a bucket of lava.
– Updated Bonus Chest content with more items.
– Added new tutorials to the Tutorial World for new items and features.
– Updated the positions of the Music Disc Chests in the Tutorial World.
– Updated all texture packs and mash-up packs with new TU14 additions.
– Changed the gray wool texture for City Texture Pack to be more like a road surface.
– Fixed a crash with Maps in Item Frames which happened when players were in the Nether or The End
– Fixed Chest locks showing through walls at a distance
– Fixes a couple of crashes related to the player’s banned level list
– Some lighting fixes
– Fix to Blazes so they go on fire before shooting fire charges
– Fix to allow drinking milk in Creative mode
– Fix to allow split screen players to see Splash Potion particles
– Fix to stop the held item being replaced with the first item in the Quick Select on exiting The End.
– Fixed an issue with throwing an Ender Pearl while travelling to The Nether or The End
– Fixed the active time for Wooden and Stone Buttons.
– Fixed a crash with Dispensers and Fire Charges
– Fixed a crash with local profiles in the Help & Options menu
– Corrected the leaves obtained using silk touch on Jungle trees
Image Source | Microsoft