The new Rockstar games sale at Newegg is offering up to a 76 percent discount on most of their previous bestsellers. Grand Theft Auto 4, Bully, Max Payne, and several others can be grabbed for dirt cheap.
These aren’t all the disc copies of the games, however. The versions on sale are mostly the digital downloads of these PC titles. Steam could be in trouble with this kind of competition, as some past favorites are now available for less than ten dollars each.
The list below details the games and prices available while the Rockstar games sale lasts:
- Bully: Scholarship Edition – $5.10, regularly $14.99 – Not a popular concept these days, this game allowed the player to be that kid in school that nobody likes. The classes are done via a series of minigames.
- Bully: Scholarship Edition/ Midnight Club 2 Bundle – $5.99, regularly $24.99 – Get both games at a fantastic discount while the Rockstar games sale is in effect.
- Midnight Club 2 – $3.40, regularly $9.99 – A stylized racing game based in real world locations.
- Grand Theft Auto 3 – $3, regularly $9.99 – GTA 3 is the first open world sandbox game ever made using a 3D graphics engine, and was set in a fictional version of New York City.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – $3, regularly $9.99 – This title took what was good about GTA 3 and kicked it up a notch while moving it down the coast to a fictional version of Miami.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – $4.50, regularly $14.99 – The third 3D title in the infamous series sent us to a fictional version of Las Vegas.
- Grand Theft Auto 4 – $6, regularly $19.99 – The first officially numbered sequel to the 3D GTA franchise, it brought in a record profit only broken by its own sequel.
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City – $6, regularly $19.99 – This is all of GTA 4‘s spinoffs playable by themselves.
- Grand Theft Auto 4: The Complete Edition – $9, regularly $29.99 – This bundle combines GTA 4 and Episodes From Liberty City, now available in a discounted bundle for the Rockstar games sale at Newegg.
- L.A. Noire – $6, regularly $19.99 – The hard-boiled detective game which reversed the idea of Grand Theft Auto and added a depth of facial expression and a color palette known for glamorized crime stories.
- L.A. Noire: Complete Edition – $9, regularly $29.99 – As the title suggests, this is the full package based on L.A. Noire and all of its add-ons.
- Manhunt – $3, regularly $9.99 – One of the first games ever to take first person murder to a gruesomely personal level, this Rockstar games sale title made a lot of politicians angry for its blatant violence. You play a convict who must survive a sort of battle royale among violent convicts.
- Max Payne – $3, regularly $9.99 – The game that combined first person shooter mechanics with slow motion controls helped redefine action games.
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne – $3, regularly $9.99 – The award-winning sequel to Max Payne.
- Max Payne Bundle – $4.50, regularly $14.99 – This is a collection of the first two games in the series, now discounted for the Rockstar games sale.
- Max Payne 3 – $6, regularly $19.99 – The followup to the award-winning sequel, Max Payne 3 introduced online multiplayer to the series.
It is unknown how long these Rockstar games sale deals will last, so you’re probably well off grabbing them as soon as you can.