Kanye West’s new album Yeezus has leaked online, just days before the official release.
Although the album was reportedly unavailable for pre-order, some savvy Internet user appears to have tracked it down and made it available for download. The album first became available on a password-protected file-sharing website shortly after 12:30 pm Friday, and has since circulated around the Internet.
The track listing for Yeezus was also released, and the album features appearances by Frank Ocean, Chief Keef, Kid Cudi, and more. The album also features three tracks produced by Daft Punk, including “Black Skinhead” (which the group also co-wrote), which West premiered on Saturday Night Live. They previously worked together on West’s song “Stronger,” which features a sample of Daft Punk’s song “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.”
What makes the leak surprising is the fact that the album might not even be completely finished. According to reports earlier this week, West was still “tinkering” with the final product. There is also the fact that an industry source said West has brought in Rick Rubin as executive producer, who is believed to have recorded additional tracks for the record.
Rubin, who is the co-president of Columbia Records and co-founder of Def Jam Records, helped popularize hip-hop, working with everyone from the Beastie Boys to Public Enemy to Run-D.M.C. to, of course, West’s buddy Jay-Z. Rubin has also worked with Mars Volta, Lana Del Rey, Adele, and many more artists. The seven-time Grammy winner has produced over 100 albums over the course of his career, including Adele’s 21, the Avett Brothers‘ The Carpenter, and Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex/LoveSounds.
Kanye West has said that Yeezus showcases his growth over the past two years and that he “had to learn about giving … this whole process is all about giving.” That could explain why he has chosen to promote the album by unveiling songs via video projections on sides of buildings in over 60 different locations.
The Yeezus track listing is as follows, although the order and number of songs may change if West is still “tinkering” with the record.
1. On Sight (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
2. Black Skinhead (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef]
3. I Am A God (Featuring God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
4. New Slaves (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
5. Hold My Liquor (Feat. Chief Keef Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
6. I’m In It (Feat. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
7. Blood On The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
8. Guilt Trip (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
9. Send It Up (Feat. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
10. Bound 2 (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]
And for those who can’t wait until June 18, Yeezus is available for download on Sharebeast.