Posted in: Celebrity News

Sharon Osbourne Bans Candles From Her Home

Sharon Osbourne Bans Candles From Her House

Sharon Osbourne has banned candles from her home after her mansion was nearly razed to the ground by an errant open flame.

The Sharon Osbourne candles ban came into effect after the former America’s Got Talent judge nearly lost her Beverly Hills mansion to a burning candle.

On January 16, we reported how Osbourne forgot to extinguish a number of candles before heading to bed. The 60-year-old star woke at 4.45am that night to the sound of her dogs barking and fire alarms blaring.

Speaking to TMZ after Sunday’s Grammys ceremony, Osbourne said:

“No more candles. Only in church!”

Since her brush with a fiery demise, Osbourne has revealed how husband Ozzy injured himself trying to put the fire out. The Black Sabbath frontman, who had undergone surgery on his hand the previous day, apparently tried to put the fire out using the cast on his arm. Sharon reflects:

“[We were] like two idiots, it was like the Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all.”

The reality star also said it was only her dogs barking that let her know there was a fire in her home:

“My eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room – the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding.”

Articles And Offers From The Web


4 Responses to “Sharon Osbourne Bans Candles From Her Home”

  1. Kim Albrecht

    yes candles are banned from the osbourne household, because both sharon and her comatose husband, are too stupid to blow them out when they go to bed at night.

  2. Lotus Dance

    idiots. they don'd keep fire extinguishers? I do and saved my butt when my kitchen caught fire.

  3. Linda Landon

    sharon, I am just thanking the Lord that you and hubby and the dogs made it through. I agree no more candles in the house. take care of your self ok.

Around The Web