Michael Marchalk

Michael Marchalk Arrested: 37-Year-Old Man Charged With Beating His Dad To Death On Father’s Day With A Bat

After a manhunt for 37-year-old Michael Marchalk, the man from Schuylkill County was arrested and charged with beating his own father to death on Father’s Day. According to ABC27, Michael was on the famous boardwalk in Atlantic City on Friday when he was arrested right before noon, according to state police.

After his arrest, Michael will be brought back to Pennsylvania in order to face murder charges in the beating death of his father, Gary Marchalk. Gary was 60 years of age when he was allegedly beaten to death by his own son. Michael will face other charges after extradition. According to authorities, Gary had been threatened by his son in the past few months, and those threats apparently reached the point of murder when Michael lived with his dad in recent days prior to the beating. Marchalk was set to enter a drug treatment program, but he did not make it to the program.

According to police, Michael beat his dad, robbed him, and stole a car belonging to his parents. That’s when Gary’s other son discovered his father’s dead body in the Ryan Township house that Gary shared with his estranged wife, Linda Marchalk, who works as the Schuylkill County treasurer. As seen in the photo below, Michael’s brother told police that he knew his brother committed the murder.

The above photo from the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office displays Michael in an image that was passed around online during the search conducted by the Pennsylvania State Police. Gary, an attorney, was found dead in his house, with the shocking news that his son reportedly committed the murder on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18. Prior to being caught in Atlantic City, Michael was previously spotted at a Philadelphia bus terminal.

As reported by Penn Live, Michael is from Barnesville, and not only is Marchalk facing charges of murder, but also aggravated assault, robbery, and theft.

Marchalk was seen in security cameras footage during a time when police believe the murder occurred. Michael had a drug problem, report police, and used his dad’s debit or credit cards to take money from his father’s bank accounts. Members of the family report that Michael had threatened his dad for months prior to the murder.

Michael was due to enter the drug rehab program on Monday, following Father’s Day.

[Featured Image by Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office/AP Images]