It’s only a few days until Christmas, and many are dashing to the stores for their last-minute shopping needs. Since many retailers know that there will be some shoppers forgetting this or needing that, many stores have already extended hours this week. Should you find yourself going out, you may need to know which stores and restaurants will be open late for you on Christmas Eve 2015.
Many stores are going to be open regular hours nationwide, but you should always call ahead to make sure. Don’t just expect a store to be open until 7 or 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve because another store decided to keep regular hours.
Store hours may differ by location, so always call ahead to be 100 percent certain.
CBS News is reporting that many retailers have already rolled out late-night shopping all this week. Some retailers are extending hours on Christmas Eve, as well. For instance, as of Dec. 20, Kohl’s announced it’s stores would stay open 24 hours through 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
Here are the big-time hours you need to know for Christmas Eve and what time stores will be open until for the last-minute shoppers.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Best Buy: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Costco: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dillards: Open until 6 p.m.
- GameStop: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hobby Lobby: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- JCPenney: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Some stores not opening until 9 a.m.)
- Kmart: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Kohl’s: Open until 6 p.m.
- Macy’s: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Some stores closing at 6 p.m.)
- Office Depot/Office Max: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. (Some stores closing at 6 p.m.)
- Sears: Open until 10 p.m.
- Target: Open until 11 p.m.
- Toys ‘R Us: Open until 9 p.m. (Some locations open until 11 p.m.)
- Walmart: Open until 8 p.m.
While those stores will help those looking for gifts and presents, those needing to get something for their big holiday meal will need to know when it’s too late. If you’re needing to pick up some cranberry sauce or get something to replace what was eaten too quickly, check out the hours for most grocery stores and pharmacies.
Again, remember that hours can change per location and city, so always call ahead to be sure that these hours apply to your local store.
- Albertsons: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- CVS: Open until 10 p.m.
- Food Giant: Open until 6 p.m.
- H-E-B: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Kroger: Open until 6 p.m.
- Publix: Open until 7 p.m.
- Rite Aid: Open until 7 p.m. (Hours can vary per location)
- Walgreens: Open until midnight
- Whole Foods: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Winn-Dixie: Open until 10 p.m. (Some locations open until midnight)
If you’re going to be out braving the crowds and shopping for last-minute gifts, food or presents, then you’re may need to keep up your energy. Many restaurants are going to be open on Christmas Eve and some will be open late, but not all of them.
Make sure you know what will be open and what time those restaurants will close on Christmas Eve 2015, or you may be stuck eating somewhere you don’t like. With many locations being local franchises, the regional managers can set hours different from what is nationally advertised.
Some places like Domino’s Pizza know that many dining locations close early on Christmas Eve and they are looking to appeal to late-nighters by offering Christmas pizza delivery.
Here are the restaurant hours to keep in mind for Thursday.
- Applebee’s: Open until 12 a.m. (Some locations open until 2 a.m.)
- Boston Market: Open until 10 p.m.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Open until 6 p.m.
- Burger King: Open until midnight (Some locations open until 10 p.m.)
- Cracker Barrel: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Denny’s: 24/7
- Domino’s: Open until 3 a.m. (Carryout may end earlier)
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Open until 11 p.m.
- Golden Corral: Vary by location
- IHOP: 24/7
- Jack in the Box: Regular hours per location
- McDonald’s: Open until 10 p.m. (Will vary by location)
- Outback Steakhouse: Open until 11 p.m.
- Panda Express: Open until 10 p.m.
- Perkins: Open until 2 a.m.
- Pizza Hut: Open until 8 p.m.
- Ruby Tuesday: Hours to vary per location
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: 4:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sizzler: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee: Locations vary between closing at 10 p.m. or 12 a.m.
- Steak and Shake: 24/7
- Subway: Open until 10 p.m.
- Taco Bell: Hours vary by location
- Waffle House: 24/7
With that, now you know where you can shop on Christmas Eve 2015 and what hours those locations will be open. The same goes for dining on Christmas Eve, as you know when and where you can eat while getting those last minute gifts.
[Image by Joe Raedle/Getty Images]