Singer Justin Timberlake returned to The Tonight Show Wednesday night, reuniting with longtime friend and frequent collaborator Jimmy Fallon once again.
The “Pusher Love Girl” singer undoubtedly excited fans from the very beginning since he and Jimmy started Wednesday’s episode with a popular segment – “History of Rap.”
— People magazine (@people) September 10, 2015
Even though it was the sixth installment of the popular series, Justin and Jimmy kept things fresh and fun as if it was their very first time creating such an impressive mash-up.
Within the entire clip, which lasts nearly six minutes, Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon cover 23 different songs in their epic mash-up along with a little help from The Roots.
There were quite a few hits that are currently topping the charts added to the mix from such popular artist as Fetty Wap, Big Sean, and Kanye West.
However, the vast majority of the songs covered are considered longtime classics within this particular genre of music from such people as LL Cool J, Slick Rick, Public Enemy, and the Fresh Prince.
Here is the complete list of 23 songs covered in the History of Rap 6 mashup:
1. “Fiesta (Remix)” – R. Kelly featuring Jay-Z
2. “Rock the Bells” – LL Cool J
3. “Friends” – Whodini
4. “La Di Da Di” – Doug E. Fresh & MC Ricky D (aka Slick Rick)
5. “Fight the Power” – Public Enemy
6. “Straight Outta Compton” – N.W.A
7. “Let’s Talk About Sex” – Salt-N-Pepa
8. “Can’t Touch This” – MC Hammer
9. “Summertime” – Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff
10. “C.R.E.A.M.” – Wu-Tang Clan
11. “Mo Money, Mo Problems” – The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Puff Daddy and Mase
12. “Informer” – Snow
13. “Country Grammar” – Nelly
14. “Tha Crossroads” – Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
15. “Ignition (Remix)” – R. Kelly
16. “Look At Me Now” – Chris Brown featuring Busta Rhymes and Lil’ Wayne
17. “B-tch, Don’t Kill My Vibe” – Kendrick Lamar
18. “Know Yourself” – Drake
19. “I Don’t (Mess) With You” – Big Sean featuring E-40
20. “Otis” – Kanye West featuring Jay-Z
21. “My Way” – Fetty Wap featuring Drake
22. “Bugatti” – Ace Hood featuring Future & Rick Ross
23. “Fight for Your Right” – Beastie Boys
Quite a few people have reacted to Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon’s “History of Rap” performance on Twitter.
Jimmy fallon and Justin Timberlake just did history of rap 6.. one of my favorite late night segments, so hyped right now
— samantha (@samiam9603) September 10, 2015
— sarahhhhhh (@sarahelaine9696) September 10, 2015
This day just got 10x better bc of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake’s history of rap performance
— Lauren Thomas (@LaurMichThom) September 10, 2015
The “History of Rap” mash-up was apparently not the only highlight of Justin Timberlake’s appearance on The Tonight Show Wednesday. The 34-year-old married father also had a chance to show pictures of his family, including adorable photos of his son, Silas Randall Timberlake.
— PEOPLE Babies (@PEOPLEbabies) September 10, 2015
During his interview, Justin Timberlake had a chance to open up about his overall experience as a first-time father.
“It is the most insanely amazing, wonderful, unbelievable thing to ever happen to you.”
As reported by Daily Mail, Justin is apparently passing down his love for golf to his firstborn child, too.
“We were watching the PGA championship. (He’s a) good putter. We’re working on his swing, but his putt is great.”
In recent years, Justin Timberlake has been all over the place with his career — touring around the world while promoting his 20/20 Experience and even starring in a few movies on the big screen. It must be nice for him to be able to wind down and focus on spending quality time with his family and having fun with his longtime friend on The Tonight Show.
[Image Credit: Larry Busacca/Getty Images]