The Obama divorce story currently circulating the web has caused some confusion and chatter about the state of the President and the First Lady’s marriage- but it appears to go back to a book called The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, which is, not surprisingly, an anti-Obama work.
The Obama divorce story is just one of a few questionable claims made in the book by former New York Times Magazine editor Edward Klein, who also alleged that Michelle Obama is cripplingly jealous of other women, that she feuds with media queen Oprah, and that President Obama and his entourage have “gone to elaborate lengths to hide his dark side.”
A few stories have popped up since the Obama divorce story went viral speculating on the current state of the First Relationship, but it all seems to go back to the original allegations made in the book- namely that the Obamas went through a rough patch twelve years ago and that Michelle considered leaving the man who would later become the most powerful man in the free world.
Even the Amazon description of The Amateur (if the title wasn’t telling enough) seems to indicate that the work alleging the Obama divorce story probably is not a reasoned work of political investigation and rather, a timed hit piece consisting of loosely strung suppositions about the President interspersed with shaky anecdotes. The description promises that the book will reveal:
- Why the so-called “centrist” Obama is actually in revolt against the values of the society he was elected to lead
- Why Bill Clinton loathes Barack Obama and tried to get Hillary to run against him in 2012
- The spiteful rivalry between Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey
- How Obama split the Kennedy family
- How Obama has taken more of a personal role in making foreign policy than any president since Richard Nixon—with disastrous results
- How Michelle Obama and Valerie Jarrett are the real powers behind the White House throne
If you’d like to check out the Obama divorce story, you can read The Amateur, available on Amazon.