Kim Kardashian and NBA star Kris Humphries not only wed on Saturday night, they managed to earn $17.9 million from the event thanks to some carefully chosen partnerships with E!, People and various other publications and company’s.
The black-tie affair which included “swank freebies, photo rights and a TV special” culminates in a 4-hour wedding special called Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event which will air on E!.
At the event the Kardashian’s had some A-list guests in attendance including Ryan Seacrest, Eva Longoria and Lindsay Lohan (she’s more of a B-lister these days).
Among the couple’s top earning endorsements were the following:
- $15 million: For the aforementioned Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event, a four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
- $2.5 million: For the exclusive photo rights with People
- $300,000: Exclusive photo rights to bridal shower withOK!
- $50,000: For having bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
The couple also took in a ton of wedding freebies including:
- $60,000: The tally for Kardashian’s Vera Wang wedding dress, and two more evening dresses.
- $400,000: in Perrier Jouet Champagne
- $150,000: in hair and makeup
- $15,000-$20,000: Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake, which was a 10-tiered affair with chocolate-chip icing [via Newser]
So there you have it, the couple could have literally spent close to $20 million for a dream wedding if they had chosen and they would still have walked away with almost no cash out of pocket.
It will be interesting to see how much E!’s $15 million wedding gamble pans out for the celebrity news network.
Will you be tuning into the Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries wedding special?
[More Photos: Bauer Griffin.]