Victoria's Secret Black Friday Assault

Sisters Arrested In Victoria’s Secret 2013 Black Friday Assault

Two sisters have been arrested in connection with an assault that took place at a Victoria’s Secret in the Annapolis Mall in Maryland on Black Friday 2013. The assault was captured on a cell phone video and went viral after being posted on YouTube.

According to The Washington Post, Anne Arundel detectives and Prince George’s County police detained Antonia J. Ash, 18, and Ebonie Ta Shawn Brooks, 31, at their home in the 8400 block of Poplar Hill Drive in Clinton, Maryland.

In an earlier report by The Inquisitr, a pair of teens were recently busted after allegedly stealing approximately $15,000 worth of women’s underwear from a Victoria’s Secret location in Sunrise, Florida. The report states that two boys stole from the store three times between November and December of last year. According to the Sun Sentinel, the boys allegedly stole the following items:

“Three hundred ‘Dream Angels’-style thongs valued at $3,750 went missing from the store on November 23, police said. On December 13, 175 pairs of women’s underwear worth $2,537.50 were taken and on December 20, 375 panties valued at $5,437.50 were stolen.”

The teenagers reportedly face charges of felony grand theft for stealing 850 pairs of women’s underwear. One of the boys was identified as 18-year-old Daniel Espinosa.The second boy’s identity wasn’t released to the public as he is still a minor. While some found the incident slightly comical, a felony charge isn’t. The judge took the case very seriously and left the boys with the following advice: “Don’t go back to Victoria’s Secret.”

In the case of Ash and Brooks, the cell phone video was posted to YouTube on Sunday, December 1, 2013 with a caption that reads “Fight was crazy at Westfield Annapolis Maryland mall on black Friday!” Since being posted, the video has received nearly 141,800 hits.

The arrest of the two sisters comes after nearly two months of following tips from the public and reviewing not only the cell phone video, but also surveillance footage from the Annapolis Mall. Police were able to track Ash and Brooks to a store they were previously seen at, and subpoenaed store records to find their location according to The Washington Post.

“I appreciate the tenacity of the detectives investigating this crime,” Anne Arundel Chief of Police Kevin Davis said. “No one should expect or accept this type of behavior at a shopping mall any time of year, especially during the holiday season.”

CBS Baltimore reported that both girls have been charged with first- and second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

[Image via JStone /]