Sylvester Stallone Feuds With Bruce Willis, Lionsgate Weighs In

Although Sylvester Stallone claims that Bruce Willis is too greedy and lazy to sign on for The Expendables 3, the Die Hard star may not be out of the picture just yet.

Stallone revealed his displeasure with Willis during a series of tweets earlier this week. In addition to announcing that Harrison Ford was joining the cast of the sequel, he stated that the Red 2 star was no longer part of the follow-up.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, a source close to The Expendables 3 said Bruce Willis wanted a very large paycheck for his involvement with Sylvester Stallone’s project. Once he got wind of Willis’ demands, he reportedly booted him from the project.

“I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford — a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film,” the insider explained.

The Wrap is currently reporting that Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer hasn’t completely ruled out Willis for The Expendables 3. However, the studio head stopped short of actually jumping directly into the fray.

“You just never know. Even on that part,” the CEO told analysts on Friday. “These are really talented and creative people and part of our job is to manage.”

As of this writing, neither Sylvester Stallone nor Bruce Willis has weighed in on the matter. Harrison Ford has also remained quiet about The Expendables 3. As Feltheimer pointed out, talks could continue until the day shooting is expected to begin.

If you missed the tweets from Sylvester Stallone that set this whole thing in motion, then check out the posts embedded below. They’re relatively short, but they tell a very interesting tale.

What do you think about the ongoing feud between Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis? Are you disappointed that the Die Hard star may not appear in The Expendables 3?

[Image via Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com]