The Apple iPad 5 features a completely redesigned look, according to leaked photos that allege to showcase the devices display.
The photos show an iPad 5 that looks to be fashioned after the iPad mini design.
The leaked photos posted by Australian repair shop MacFixit show both the devices digitizer and screen, and they support early design reports from several sources.
Look at the photos, and you will notice a thinner bezel for the iPad 5 display.
Here are several of the new iPad 5 display facts posted by the website:
- The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
- The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
- The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
- There is [sic] now 2 connectors instead of 1.
- The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Here are several of the first leaked photos for the next generation iPad:
Apple is following its typical tight-lipped strategy ahead of the new devices release. Apple is offering no comments to either confirm or deny the leaked photos authenticity.
In the past, Apple has ordered seizure requests for leaked devices, most famously raided the home of a Gizmodo writer to take back its iPhone 4 smartphone.
Do you think the company's tablet line is due for a major design and hardware upgrade release?