‘Night Stalker’ Serial Killer’s Cause Of Death Revealed

As reported by The Inquisitr on June 7, the serial killer known as the “Night Stalker”, Richard Ramirez, died at age 53 of undisclosed causes.

Now the nature of his death has been revealed by Marin County coroner’s office. Ramirez died of complications from liver failure caused by cancer.

The report states that he had B-cell lymphoma, which is a cancer of the the lymphatic system. The findings also revealed he had other underlying “significant conditions.”

These include chronic substance abuse and hepatitis C, which is spread by the use of intravenous drugs. It is reported that the drug abuse came prior to his imprisonment, according to Lt. Keith Boyd, assistant chief deputy coroner.

“That’s chronic drug use prior to incarceration,” he said. “There’s nothing to support any kind of drug use while incarcerated.”

Boyd added that the drug use is what most likely caused the hepatitis C that eventually destroyed Ramirez’s liver.

Even though the “Night Stalker” has passed away, his medical records are still confidential and the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation could not comment on whether he was disciplined for drug use while in prison.

Ramirez was a satanist who was convicted to death for 13 gruesome murders that terrorized Southern California between 1984 and 1985.

He earned his knickname because the would break into homes through windows or unlocked doors in the middle of the night and make his victims “swear to Satan.”


The “Night Stalker” was eventually captured when he attempted a car jacking and residents of an East Los Angeles neighborhood beat him up.

The events left many residents of the area traumatized for years due to the graphic nature of the mutilation of his victims’ bodies.

Ramirez had been on death row at San Quentin State Prison since he was convicted in 1989. Additionally, he was convicted of rape, sodomy, oral copulation, burglary and attempted murder.

Ramirez was dubbed the “Night Stalker” because residents were warned to lock their windows and doors at the height of the murders in the summer of 1985.

[Image via Shutterstock]