Three al Qaeda operatives who attacked Benghazi might have had their photos released by the FBI.
As previously reported The Inquisitr, the Benghazi report is a 43 page document that accuses White House and senior State Department officials of altering “accurate talking points drafted by the intelligence community in order to protect the State Department.”
The Benghazi report also cites documents signed by Hillary Clinton linking her to the decisions of Charlene Lamb that “articulates a plan to scale back security assets for the U.S. Mission in Libya, including the Benghazi Mission.”
Jay Carney and the White House are denying any Benghazi wrongdoing, but now reports are showing the Benghazi consulate was defended by al Qaeda linked terrorist groups hired by the State Department while internal security was reduced from 34 people to just three. The February 17th Martyrs Brigade apparently disappeared days before the Benghazi terrorist attack, informing the State Department they could no longer provide security, which leaves some suspicious of whether they knew about the upcoming attack.
The FBI recently posted the potential Benghazi al Qaeda operative photos to its website. The FBI says, “We are seeking information about three individuals who were on the grounds of the U.S. Special Mission [in Benghazi] when it was attacked. These individuals may be able to provide information to help in the investigation.”
This FBI request came at the same time a senior federal law enforcement official told CNN they were looking for “three or four members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula,” or AQAP. Several members of al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch reportedly took part in the Benghazi attack. CNN could not confirm whether any of the three Benghazi suspect pictures showed the Benghazi al Qaeda operatives.
CNN described the terrorist activities of AQAP this way:
“AQAP is regarded as one of the most active and dangerous of al Qaeda franchises. It has tried to launch several attacks on the U.S. homeland. On Christmas Day 2009, a Nigerian recruited by the group attempted to blow up a plane flying into Detroit but failed because his device malfunctioned. The following October the group attempted to blow up planes heading to the United States with printer bombs disguised as air cargo. The packages were intercepted after a tip from Saudi intelligence. And in April 2012, a British informant working for Saudi counterterrorism thwarted a new plot by the group to bomb a U.S-bound airliner. The informant had infiltrated the group and was selected by them to launch the attack. AQAP was the first al Qaeda affiliate to comment on the Benghazi attack. On September 14 it released a statement arguing the attack was revenge for the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi, a senior al Qaeda operative, in Pakistan in June 2012.”
What do you think should be done in response to the Benghazi investigation?