Glenn Beck Alleges Coverup, Conspiracy In Boston Bomber Case

Kim LaCapria - Author
By

Aug. 23 2017, Updated 1:30 a.m. ET

Glenn Beck is back, and angry, and he says that if the government doesn’t come clean about the Boston bombers today (after a heavily laden with innuendo bit Friday), he’s ready to expose some high-level federal intrigue and suppression of information.

As is usually the case with Glenn Beck, who has not (to our knowledge) ever turned out to be correct in his doom and gloom predictions, it isn’t precisely clear what he’s alleging occurred. It seems Beck believes or purports to believe that the situation on Friday in Boston with Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his surviving brother Dzhokhar was a distraction from the actual issue at play in the attacks on the Marathon.

Article continues below advertisement

Beck appears to have taken an interest in the Saudi national seized on scene — later revealed to be a victim of the attack rather than a perpetrator. Overhyped media reports in the tense days following the bombing suggested, wrongly we now know, that the Saudi student was being eyed as a suspect.

Almost immediately, the young man was cleared of involvement in the bombings, but it was also discovered that his visa to stay in the US had expired, and ICE may be readying to deport him on those grounds.

Last week, Beck started in on a conspiracy arc, alleging after reports emerged that the Saudi national had been cleared:

“We at the Blaze know that this Saudi national is a bad, bad, bad man … This administration is playing an extraordinarily dangerous game. They have very little regard for what it takes to be a citizen.”

Glenn continued:

“Before the sequester cuts happened, they opened the prison and let illegals out. Who does that? Remember also, the Saudi national that was — is about to get on a plane — involved in blowing the legs off of American citizens, being held in protective custody or being protected, at least, by our administration.”

He speculated: “He will be put in protective custody and the plans are to deport him.”

Media Matters, a progressive media watchdog, spoke to a Department of Homeland Security over Glenn Beck’s allegations, and said: “The rumor is one hundred percent false … One hundred percent false.”

But Beck has stated:

“I don’t bluff … I make promises. The truth matters. I’ve had enough of what you’ve done to our country. I thought I had heard and seen it all. I thought I didn’t trust my government. Oh no, no, no. There is no depth that these people will not stoop to. They have until Monday and then The Blaze will expose it.”

It is worth noting that Glenn Beck did take a less conspiratorial stance after the Newtown tragedy, blasting those who alleged a government coverup after the incident.

Beck’s ultimatum expires today, but he has not yet addressed his Boston bomber claims.

Advertisement

Latest #metoo News and Updates

    © Copyright 2022 The Inquisitr. The Inquisitr is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.