Lil Wayne Says He’s OK After Reports Claim He Was Close To Dying

Lil Wayne Says He's OK After Reports Claim He Was Close To Dying

Lil Wayne wants everyone to know that he’s OK, contrary to reports that a seizure left him on death’s doorstep.

The rapper was hospitalized earlier in the week after reportedly suffering multiple seizures. As TMZ reported, the singer was shooting a music video in Los Angeles when he suffered seizures and was rushed to Cedars-Sinai hospital.

It was not the first time that Lil Wayne had to be hospitalized. He also suffered seizures on two separate occasions back in Octobers.

After the episode this week, it appeared that Lil Wayne would be OK as doctors released him from the hospital.

“Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration,” a rep for the singer said. “He is at home on doctor mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love.

But on Friday a story emerged that Lil Wayne was back in the hospital in the ICU. A report from TMZ painted the situation in even more dire terms, saying that Lil Wayne was near death and receiving last rites.

That portion of the story was later deleted, and those close to Lil Wayne took to Twitter to let the world know that he’s OK. Mack Maine told followers that Wayne was alive and well, and that they were watching the Syracuse basketball game together in the hospital.

Birdman also gave an update:

Eventually, Lil Wayne himself tweeted to give fans and update on his health and clear up rumors that he was dying.

Assuming the reports that Lil Wayne is OK are true, the rapper won’t have much time to rest from his health setback. He’s set to release his 10th album, I Am Not a Human Being, on March 26.

//