DeMario Jackson has spoken out after Bachelor in Paradise co-star Corinne Olympios announced she had hired a top Hollywood attorney amid the ongoing investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct on the set of the reality show in Mexico, with Jackson at the center of the alleged incident. The allegations of sexual misconduct on the Mexico set of Season 4 of the ABC reality spinoff caused production to be shut down on Sunday.
DeMario Jackson broke his silence in a statement released to the media on Wednesday by his publicist, Eve Sarkisyan-Nunn. Jackson released the statement soon after castmate Corrine Olympios revealed that she had hired Hollywood attorney Marty Singer.
In the statement, Jackson, 30, expressed regret that his “character and family name” had been assassinated by “false claims and malicious allegations.” He revealed he would be taking “swift and appropriate legal action” to clear his name and that he would be “seeking all available remedies” under the law.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” Jackson said in the statement released through his publicist, Eve Sarkisyan-Nunn, according to E! News. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
The filming of Season 4 of the reality show was shut down on Sunday after a producer filed a complaint claiming that an incident of sexual misconduct might have happened on the set of Bachelor in Paradise during an encounter in a pool between after Jackson and Olympios, Us Weekly reported.
It was alleged that Jackson and Olympios had a sexual encounter in the pool under the influence of alcohol when the cameras were still rolling. The producer’s complaint questioned whether Olympios was able to give consent for the sexual encounter with Jackson.
“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico,” Warner Bros. said in a state released on Sunday. “We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
However, multiple sources reportedly told E! News that the producer who filed the complaint was not on set when the alleged incident occurred. The sources also claimed that the producer had not seen the footage before filing the complaint.
Olympios issued a statement on Wednesday through her publicist, Stan Rosenfeld, claiming she was a “victim” and that she did not recall what happened in the pool.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4.”
“Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” she said.
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality,” the statement continued. “As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
Since Warner Bros. Television announced on Sunday that production had been shut down, it has offered no further details besides affirming that an investigation was ongoing and that appropriate action would be taken once the investigation was complete. The ongoing investigation is an internal affair and no one has filed charges.
ABC has also not commented on the status of the show, but some sources speculated that the show is unlikely to return for Season 4 this summer.
[Featured Image by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images]