Missouri Toddler Dies After Mother’s Boyfriend Performs ‘Batista Bomb’, Other Wrestling Moves On Her

Officers from the Jefferson County Sheriff’s office in Missouri have arrested a 24-year-old man in connection with the death of a 2-year-old child. According to initial reports, the toddler, identified as Adelaide Mae Chaney (Addie), suffered horrific injuries and later died at a hospital after the man who was later confirmed to be her mother’s boyfriend performed a series of “wrestling moves” on her. According to The NY Post, the prime accused in the case was later identified as Richard Gamache Jr., who according to officials is a resident of Jefferson County, Missouri. Richard, soon after his arrest, was slapped with charges of child abuse and neglect. However, following the death of the child last week, he is set to face additional murder and homicide charges.

Officers have also arrested the deceased toddler’s mother on charges of child neglect. The mother, identified as 19-year-old Cheyenne Cook, has also been accused of attempting to cover up the fact that her boyfriend used to regularly perform high-risk wrestling moves on her child. She also initially tried to hide the fact that the injury marks on the body of the child were in fact caused by her boyfriend. Officers have recovered messages that Cook allegedly sent to Gamache in which they detailed how they intended to cover up the signs of abuse on the child.

According to investigators, the horrific manner in which the toddler was harmed came to light after emergency services were called to a home in the 3800 block of Dorchester Court in the House Springs area on May 16 for assistance. The EMS team was told that the toddler was suffering from seizures and that she needed emergency assistance from them. Upon reaching the home, EMS personnel suspected that this was a case of child abuse since there were telltale signs of abuse on the body of the child. As required by law, they notified the local law enforcement agencies following which deputies from the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene for further investigation. In the meantime, Addie was moved to a hospital on the same day for treatment where she remained in a critical condition. Unfortunately, her injuries were so serious in nature that doctors were unable to rescue her. Addie was declared dead on Friday – just a few days after she was admitted to the hospital.

Upon investigation, officers were able to deduce that the injuries on the body of the child were the result of a series of “wrestling moves” allegedly performed on her by Richard. According to Jefferson County Sheriff David Marshak, Addie was “tortured” by her mother’s boyfriend. In an interview to a local media house, the Sheriff was quoted saying the following.

“This child was essentially tortured. Our prayers are with ‘AC’ and the investigators that were intimately involved with this investigation.”

Investigators believe that Addie was subject to extreme abuse and that Gamache performed a number of popular wrestling moves on the toddler – including the “Batista Bomb.” In fact, investigators believe that a botched attempt at this move eventually caused the injuries that led to her death. In the Batista move, the person at the receiving end is picked up by their waist and is slammed onto the ground on their backs. It remains unclear whether the Batista Bomb was delivered to the toddler on earlier occasions too. As already reported, before the death of the toddler, Richard Gamache. Jr was charged with abuse and neglect of a child. His bail has been set at $500,000, cash-only. As for Cheyenne, she was initially charged with endangering the welfare of a child and had her bail set for $2,500.

Meanwhile, Addie’s grandparents have set up a GoFundMe page on her behalf. They also revealed that after she was declared brain dead by doctors, her organs were donated to three other children who were in need.

The WWE has reached out to Inquisitr with an official statement.

“We are deeply saddened by this tragic death and hope that the guilty parties are brought to justice. There is no excuse or justification for the brutal and ultimately fatal beating of a 2-year-old child by a grown man. This is a clear case of criminal intent and a lack of parental supervision.”

[Featured Image by Alexas_Fotos/Pixabay]