Angelina Jolie has responded to the news of the conclusion of a child abuse investigation against her estranged husband, Brad Pitt.
With a statement from her rep, the 41-year-old actress has communicated her thoughts on her ongoing custody drama with Pitt to fans and noted her appreciation for the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.
“[Angelina Jolie] said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal,” read a statement from the actress’s rep to TMZ on November 9.
Still, according to the publication, Angelina Jolie was said to be “chomping at the bit” to prove that her estranged husband did abuse at least one of their kids and believes that her divorce judge will take her side and limit Pitt’s time with their children.
During Angelina Jolie’s 12-year relationship with Pitt, she welcomed three children biologically, daughter Shiloh, 10, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 8, and adopted two kids, Pax, 12, and Zahara, 11.
Angelina Jolie also adopted Maddox, 15, before her relationship with Pitt although the actor eventually adopted the child as his own.
Angelina Jolie Breaks Her Silence on the Divorce https://t.co/7dxuXc9dSz
— Marie Claire (@marieclaire) November 10, 2016
According to TMZ, sources connected with Angelina Jolie claim the actress feels that the kids would be at risk if Pitt were to be given joint custody — and if he doesn’t drop his claim, she is reportedly ready to present evidence, which was not specified, to the judge that would confirm he has committed abuse.
Currently, Angelina Jolie has primary custody of her and Pitt’s kids while he has monitored visitation, but as TMZ explained, the agreement was made during the investigation and now that the case is closed, the couple will have to “duke it out” before their divorce judge.
— People Magazine (@people) November 10, 2016
The statement made earlier this week continued and spoke of the case against Pitt.
“The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children,” another statement from Angelina Jolie’s rep said, via Entertainment Tonight.
However, according to a source, the end of the investigation doesn’t necessarily indicate that nothing was found during the case.
“Just because the DCFS investigation is over and Brad was cleared, doesn’t mean they didn’t necessarily find anything. There is a reason that Brad and Angelina are still sticking to the safety plan originally put in place by DCFS. His visits are still monitored with a therapist,” a source added to Entertainment Tonight.
As the outlet explained, Pitt’s visits are voluntarily supervised because the actor has agreed to go out of his way for the sake of his and Angelina Jolie’s children.
As for the reports of abuse against Angelina Jolie’s estranged husband, one source claimed they were either “exaggerated or untrue” and that “there was no inappropriate physical contact” by Pitt.
In addition to monitored visits, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have each agreed to take part in individual counseling and Pitt will undergo voluntary drug and alcohol testing.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were together for 12 years before their separation and married for two. Since the breakup, Jolie has been living in Malibu, California with her and Pitt’s six children as Pitt remains in the Hollywood Hills at their former marital home.
[Featured Image by Jordan Pix/Getty Images]