Jane Doe, the woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her when she was still 13-years-old, canceled a scheduled press conference due to threats to her life.
The woman, whose identity is withheld for her own security, had filed a lawsuit against the presidential nominee for allegedly raping her at a private party in New York hosted by Jeffrey Epstein in 1994. Hers was only one of about a dozen sexual harassment suits filed against Trump.
Lawyer Cheney Mason, who filed the lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court last June 2016, told reporters that aside from her client’s testimony, there were other witnesses that can corroborate her statement about the sexual assault.
In her affidavit, the plaintiff said that immediately after raping her, Trump had threatened to kill her and her family.
According to the Independent, the alleged rape victim had scheduled a press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday so she could come out in public with her accusations.
Lisa Bloom, the new counsel for Jane Doe, released a statement to media outlets which read, “More than four months ago a woman using the pseudonym ‘Jane Doe’ sued DT for a series of sexual assaults that she alleges occurred at parties in New York in 1994. Jane Doe was just 13 years old at the time.”
“Jane Doe will break her silence today and speak out about her allegations.”
At the last second, however, the alleged victim canceled the press conference reportedly because of threats to her life. Her representation had to decline to reveal her whereabouts.
Bloom said that Jane Doe received “numerous threats” as a result of her intention to go public. The attorney said it wasn’t the first time that one of Trump’s accusers had been threatened. But she did not exactly name the Presidential candidate as the one who issued the threats.
Attorney Lisa Bloom cancels Trump accuser press conf. Says threats made. @KFIAM640 pic.twitter.com/VLAQGMCYps
— Eric Leonard (@LeonardFiles) November 2, 2016
“She is living in fear,” she told reporters on the day of the press conference. “She has decided that she is too afraid to show her face. She has been here all day, ready to do it, but unfortunately, she’s in terrible fear.”
The lawyer has apologized for the development but added that they would reschedule the press conference.
During a political rally in Gettysburg, PA last month, Trump had vowed to sue all the women who accused him of sexually molesting them. The GOP nominee insisted that each of the women lied.
“All of these liars will be sued after the election is over,” he stated.
Among the women who accused Trump of sexual impropriety was People” reporter Natasha Stoynoff who alleged that her interview with the billionaire was cut short when he “forcibly kissed her.” The reporter claimed that she went ahead with the story without mentioning the assault out of fear that a “famous, powerful, wealthy man could and would discredit and destroy” her.
There was also Jessica Drake, an adult video star, who alleged that Trump offered her $10,000 in 2006 to spend the night with him following a golfing event. The alleged incident occurred when the billionaire was a year married to Melania Trump.
Just last month, Trump found himself on the receiving end of a backlash when a videotape of an Access Hollywood interview with Billy Bush surfaced online. In the audio, the real estate mogul can clearly be heard talking about grabbing women by the “p—-” without permission since they have an attraction to fame and wealth. He also said that he kisses women without first asking for their consent.
[Featured Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]