Sinead O’Connor Says Suicide Rumors Were Made Up By ‘Some Stupid B*tch’ At The Dublin Police Station

Sinead O’Connor has addressed reports surrounding her suicide, according to Rolling Stone magazine. The 49-year-old Irish singer has denied reports that she allegedly threatened to commit suicide.

TMZ reported that Sinead O’Connor had allegedly told her family living in Ireland that she was going to jump off a bridge in Chicago. And Irish authorities reportedly advised Chicago police to investigate the allegations.

But the reports turned out to be “bullsh*t,” as said by Sinead O’Connor herself, who took to Facebook earlier this month to post a message about Brexit, which has since been deleted. The singer, who rose to fame in the late 1980s after her debut album The Lion and the Cobra, wrote that the police investigation originated from “false and malicious gossip.”

At the end of her post about praising Brexit for making Ireland independent, Sinead O’Connor accused “some stupid b*tch” in the Dublin police for disseminating false gossip about the singer’s suicide threats.

“Oh and by the way it’s bullsh*t I jumped off a bridge, some stupid b*tch up at [Dublin police station] Swords Garda… decided she’d like to throw a bit of false and malicious gossip about is all.”

In the past few months, this is not the first report that has had Sinead O’Connor’s fans worried for their favorite singer’s health. In fact, the rock singer made headlines on several occasions recently, mainly for her ongoing feud with family members as well as posting rather questionable things on Facebook.

The recent reports about Sinead O’Connor’s alleged suicide didn’t come as a surprise because the singer publicly threatened to kill herself via a social media post in November last year.

Just six months later, in mid-May, Chicago police put Sinead O’Connor on a “missing suicidal” list after the rock singer allegedly went missing during a long journey on her bicycle. However, hours after the investigation, the police declared the singer was “safe and is no longer listed as a missing/endangered person.”

Some Sinead O’Connor fans believed in a theory that the singer’s problems with taxes made her suicidal. But O’Connor has recently reached a settlement for nearly $180,000 over under-declaration of tax, according to RTE.

Sinead O’Connor had been the focus of an investigation surrounding under-declaration of PAYE and PRSI following an audit, but the singer has just reached a settlement with the Revenue Commissioners.

Although Sinead O’Connor owed over $100,000 in tax, the Revenue Commissioners was also asking her to pay interest and penalties. It became apparent that the singer reached a settlement with the Revenue Commissioners when her name was mentioned in their quarterly tax defaulters list late last month.

In 2013, Sinead O’Connor made headlines when she wrote an open letter to the “Wrecking Ball” singer Miley Cyrus, according to My Web Times. The rock singer warned the pop star that the entertainment industry was trying to “prostitute” her for their financial benefit.

That year, Cyrus was accused of behaving inappropriately at 2013’s MTV Video Music Awards, and Sinead O’Connor insisted that she had been asked to do similar things when she started out her career.

“The look I chose, I chose on purpose at a time when my record company was encouraging me to do what you have done. I felt I would rather be judged on my talent and not my looks. I am happy that I made that choice.”

In 1992, Sinead O’Connor was subject to criticism when she tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II during her Saturday Night Live performance.

[Featured Image by Matt Sayles/AP Images]